New waitlister from Sudbury

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Perricon18
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

New waitlister from Sudbury

Unread post by Perricon18 »

Hi everyone! Just joined the forum and planning to submit my application to the group! We would love to join a run in the near future!

We just moved from California a couple of weeks ago and just got my Jeep! We have a 2018 JLU rubicon, 3.5 rock crawler lift with falcons, 37 Mickey T. MT’s, and a few other things. This is my first Jeep and got my off riding bug quickly after hitting my first trail (summer 2018). Have been doing lots of off roading in CA, AZ and UT. Really looking forward to joining some nice family runs and exploring New England! My wife and 3 daughters enjoy exploring as well and we love camping. This is our Jeep and we pull an old military trailer with an RTT when camping.

Happy trails, Alejandro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New waitlister from Sudbury

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Perricon18 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm Hi everyone! Just joined the forum and planning to submit my application to the group! We would love to join a run in the near future!

We just moved from California a couple of weeks ago and just got my Jeep! We have a 2018 JLU rubicon, 3.5 rock crawler lift with falcons, 37 Mickey T. MT’s, and a few other things. This is my first Jeep and got my off riding bug quickly after hitting my first trail (summer 2018). Have been doing lots of off roading in CA, AZ and UT. Really looking forward to joining some nice family runs and exploring New England! My wife and 3 daughters enjoy exploring as well and we love camping. This is our Jeep and we pull an old military trailer with an RTT when camping.

Happy trails, Alejandro

Welcome to New England, you will find the wheeling much different in the north east. Looks like your Jeep is well equipped, make sure you have decent skid plates, you’re going to need them!
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Perricon18
BSJ Member

RandyCarol wrote:
Perricon18 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm Hi everyone! Just joined the forum and planning to submit my application to the group! We would love to join a run in the near future!

Happy trails, Alejandro

Welcome to New England, you will find the wheeling much different in the north east. Looks like your Jeep is well equipped, make sure you have decent skid plates, you’re going to need them!
Thank you! Yes I’m looking forward to wheeling in wet/slippery areas between the trees! My family was kind of done with only sand and rocks.
I do have the skids the rubicon comes with, plus we added LCA’s, front diff and transmission/engine and a good set or rock sliders. I’m sure I might need more…. Maybe one day I’ll actually consider the fully belly skid.

Lisah311
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Lisah311 »

Welcome!
There’s an open run on Nov. 13 in Winchendon MA so look for that! It’s a pretty small property with some mud and rocks, so good opportunity to see what it’s like here.
2005 Rubicon
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Lisah311 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:15 pm Welcome!
There’s an open run on Nov. 13 in Winchendon MA so look for that! It’s a pretty small property with some mud and rocks, so good opportunity to see what it’s like here.
That’s a good one to see what he is getting into, lol
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Perricon18
BSJ Member

Lisah311 wrote:Welcome!
Thank you! That would be great. Looking forward to it.

BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Perricon18 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm

That is a good one! We were just out there this last weekend, had a 2019-ish JLU small-ish lift and 37's run every blue on property, never got close to damaging his fancy hardtop either.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Lisah311

https://ezregister.com/events/35286/?fb ... EcdKwu7eP4
2005 Rubicon
Perricon18
BSJ Member

Lisah311 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this. Unfortunately I just found out we have a project starting that weekend and won’t be able to make this. Hope to be able to join a run soon.

Lisah311

Perricon18 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 pm
Lisah311 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this. Unfortunately I just found out we have a project starting that weekend and won’t be able to make this. Hope to be able to join a run soon.

You were sent an application to join. I hope you received it.
We have a few more runs coming up. (This coming Saturday)
2005 Rubicon
Baseshakers
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

As a former longtime Baystate member who grew up in Sudbury but currently lives in CA I will say that you will love this club! I’m in a few clubs out here but it’s different, and nothing like the Baystate crew. I also miss New England. Sure you can’t drive to the top of a 7k foot mountain and enjoy ridiculous views, but I am so sick of the dust and heat I can’t stand it. Also most of the trails are pretty boring. You can find some nasty fun stuff in New England, just don’t be afraid of some dents!
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
Perricon18
BSJ Member

Baseshakers wrote:As a former longtime Baystate member who grew up in Sudbury but currently lives in CA I will say that you will love this club! I’m in a few clubs out here but it’s different, and nothing like the Baystate crew. I also miss New England. Sure you can’t drive to the top of a 7k foot mountain and enjoy ridiculous views, but I am so sick of the dust and heat I can’t stand it. Also most of the trails are pretty boring. You can find some nasty fun stuff in New England, just don’t be afraid of some dents!
Lol…. My wife was also sick of dust! But you are right…. The views in CA are pretty incredible.

Thank you for your comments about the group. I found many options here as well but this is the only one I have applied for, seems to be exactly what I’m looking for. Great to hear your experience!

I am looking forward to the new challenges here in terrain that changes with the seasons (mud/snow/lots of trees/roots/slippery rocks….)

I was is Southern California and could recommend some groups if you are interested!

Best, Alejandro