Carpenter or Builder with CSL and Jeep needed

You can talk about anything here
mikepa
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Carpenter or Builder with CSL and Jeep needed

Unread post by mikepa »

This thread's description states we "can talk about anything here" so here goes. If not appropriate, please delete/move. And truth be told, you do not need to own a Jeep but why else would you be here. Additionally, having a Jeep shows you have good taste which is important for this opportunity.

I have a REAL need in my custom home business for a carpenter and/or builder with a MA Construction Supervisor's License (CSL) or the willingness to get one within six months of being hired. All of the work is in the Concord/Carlisle MA area.

For reference, after 15 years in high-tech product management/marketing, I left the life of airports and joined one of the areas largest and most respected new home builder - Bentley Building Corp. 17 years later, I find myself with six multi-million dollar homes to build in the Concord/Carlisle area over the next few years and not enough resources to do so. Four of the homes are next door to one another. Two others are down the street. All of the house designs are unique, ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 sqft and having values from $2.5M to as high as $12M [this one is special for sure with features including but not limited to an elevator, bowling alley, racquetball court and indoor infinity pool...and that's aside from over eight bedrooms, three kitchens and over a dozen baths]

Job description is "New Home Construction Supervisor" and could be filled either as a full time employee (with or without benefits) or contracted CSL. Experience supervising cross-functional subcontractor teams is essential. Having a CSL is great but having a fire in the belly and a willingness to learn the role of "builder" is even better. The ability to throw on a tool belt for light framing and/or finish carpentry is also necessary. And like all jobs today, compensation will be based on experience and guaranteed to be competitive.

If you know anyone who may be interested, please share my contact info below to discuss further details:

Mike Paratore
Bentley Building Corp
978-618-6234
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2.5" MC GameChanger, 37" Toyo MTs,
MC skids/rock rails, PowerTank CO2 air, front trail camera
and one wicked cool, push button retractable soft top
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary
Jeep Year: 2021

Re: Carpenter or Builder with CSL and Jeep needed

Unread post by TheDirector »

Sounds like an awesome opportunity!
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.
mikepa
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018

Re: Carpenter or Builder with CSL and Jeep needed

Unread post by mikepa »

TheDirector wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:45 pm Sounds like an awesome opportunity!
I think so but am biased. As others in this industry will tell you, there is a huge shortage of young men and women entering the trades. Unlike was done decades ago, very few high schools teach basic mechanical skills (e.g., wood, metal and/or auto shop) to encourage this. And as many people know, college degree return on investment has become questionable.

That said, I personally started in this business the same way- as a laborer/carpenter while getting my CSL and wanting to learn. With a little luck, I will find someone with the same interest.

mikep
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2.5" MC GameChanger, 37" Toyo MTs,
MC skids/rock rails, PowerTank CO2 air, front trail camera
and one wicked cool, push button retractable soft top