JL paint issue

Derek
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

JL paint issue

Unread post by Derek »

I noticed some paint bubbles on the hood and passenger door this weekend so I figured I’d ask the dealer about it before I do anything. I asked the service rep “can you just look at some bubbles in the paint and tell me if this is expected?” Without knowing the make, model or year he said “along the front of the hood? I’ll book an appointment with the body shop.” They’ll need to get approval from Chrysler, but it sounds like a known issue, and not just the wranglers.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: JL paint issue

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Edges ate Notorious for Paint Issues when done by machine..
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Paint on edges has been an issue for decades, was well known in the late 90s and early 00s and has not really gotten better. Hopefully they get it taken care of quickly and easily.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Derek
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by Derek »

I guess I’m not use to having a jeep that these things get fixed :) I’ve already got the touch up paint in the basement.