Latest Crazy Project: PowerTank Octopus

MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Latest Crazy Project: PowerTank Octopus

Unread post by MattJ »

Just to see if I could get it to work . . .

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Latest Crazy Project: PowerTank Octopus

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Seems a bit crazy overkill? If i were to entertain inflating all tires at once, I'd think about plumbing those in permanently with quick disconnects at each of the 4 corners, and having 3-4' lengths that connect to the valve stem at each location to minimize the amount of setup/teardown for each inflation operation. At that point, I'd also have a quick connect at the front/rear to allow for quick connection to run air tools or inflate someone else if necessary.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by MattJ »

Good suggestion! I thought about that approach but figured a portable system might work better if I wanted to share it with friends on trail runs or build a mount for it in my garage for multiple vehicles to use. Each tank can fill 24 35-inch tires, I think.
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

A friend of mine did something similar with his air compressor setup, He mentioned he thought about Ish's idea but ultimately just ended up coiling up the hose every time due to ease vs finding a place to run all the lines where they wouldnt get damaged but be easy to get to. He used an old cary bag from an air compressor for the hose. If I had not gone to a trailer setup I was highly looking into what it would take to make it, was much easier to use than a single line and going tire to tire.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.