Shock size for JK with leveling kit?

Al Czervik
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2017
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Shock size for JK with leveling kit?

Unread post by Al Czervik »

For my 2 door JK Rubicon I have a 1.5 leveling kit (2 inch pucks in front and 1 inch pucks in back). I am installing new shocks and am trying to figure out if the Fox shocks for 1.5 to 3.0 lifts is the right size.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Shock size for JK with leveling kit?

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

For rough dimensions, pull a factory shock, measure the full extension and full compression. Then, add two inches to the extension dimension and you'll get close. You may be able to reach customer service for the lift manufacturer and ask them the recommended lengths. Another cheap option could be to get a shock extension, obviously this isn't recommended. Or call Fox to see if they can assist.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

I would keep the rear shocks and install the EVO Rock Stars, they raise the axle shock mounts 1.5” and add a skid to them, this greatly helps keep them from getting hung up on things back there. Maybe see what the leveling kit mfg recommends for front shocks.
http://evomfg.com/EVO%20Rock%20Star%20Rear%20Skids
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

I'll second Randy's recommendation for the rear shock relocators. I went with Synergy ones. They give you a number of holes for various lift options. The best part is that once installed, you can cut off 1.5 or more inches of that mount below the axle. I have been hung up on zero stumps since doing this. I'm cheap, so I bought 2 couplers and 2 matched thread bolts, cut off the heads, cut off the tops of the shock threaded rod and added the couplers. This gave me about 3 extra inches. My lift is 2.5" exactly (measured). I only have 37k miles on my JKU, so not ready to change the shocks yet......and have a set of Rubicon shocks sitting in my garage when I do decide to change them out.