JLUR Armor Suggestions

Mizza
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

JLUR Armor Suggestions

Unread post by Mizza »

Hey, Everyone,

I'm running a JLUR and need some help spending some money. Thinking about some future upgrades for the season and one repeated suggestion has been armor upgrades. The JLUR has some factory protection; however, I'm sure some additional protection wouldn't hurt. I'm looking at the Metalcloak Kit here (https://metalcloak.com/undercloak-integ ... motor.html) Is anyone running this or something similar and have feedback you can share?
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary
Jeep Year: 2021

Re: JLUR Armor Suggestions

Unread post by TheDirector »

I think someone else tried this on the 2021 JLU and there was a bracket or other fitment issue, under the 3rd mod is a bust thread. Maybe it fits if you have the 3.6L I wasn't sure if it was the engine or the year. For that reason I am looking at the rockhard4x4 one, although it a fair bit more $. What I noticed on my first and only run with the 2021 JLUR is the cross member hangs down fairly low and gets hung up on things.
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RandyCarol »

TheDirector wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:46 pm I think someone else tried this on the 2021 JLU and there was a bracket or other fitment issue, under the 3rd mod is a bust thread. Maybe it fits if you have the 3.6L I wasn't sure if it was the engine or the year. For that reason I am looking at the rockhard4x4 one, although it a fair bit more $. What I noticed on my first and only run with the 2021 JLUR is the cross member hangs down fairly low and gets hung up on things.

Rockhard is good. Opt for the 1/4” engine skid, that skid takes a beating
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Dajeep
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2021

Unread post by Dajeep »

Rock hard is the way to go 2021. The new JL has different engine mounts, rock hard is the first company that has the correct lineup for an unlimited not yet for a two-door.
I'm waiting on the two door version.
mikepa
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018

Unread post by mikepa »

No fitment issues on my ‘18 JLUR. And as a 2020 newb, I appreciated my MC protection...
Attachments
6D0F514E-E3A8-4852-A13A-74EDF8F8DA55.jpeg
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2.5" MC GameChanger, 37" Toyo MTs,
MC skids/rock rails, PowerTank CO2 air, front trail camera
and one wicked cool, push button retractable soft top
Mizza

Unread post by Mizza »

mikepa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:15 pm No fitment issues on my ‘18 JLUR. And as a 2020 newb, I appreciated my MC protection...

Mike, is this the one you got?

https://metalcloak.com/undercloak-integ ... motor.html

Does that cover everything in your photo?
mikepa
BSJ Member

Unread post by mikepa »

Mizza wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm
mikepa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:15 pm No fitment issues on my ‘18 JLUR. And as a 2020 newb, I appreciated my MC protection...

Yes. That’s the one BUT I also added their FAD skid, rear diff cover and skid, front diff cover and skid, HD steering with stabilizer relo and adjustable rock rails which I still run upside down...against the suggestions of group members. Oh, and my lift is MC 2.5 Game changer. Guess you could say I’m a bit “cloaked out”.

My goal from day one was and still is to protect so I can wheel the trails on weekends and drive the rig during the week with the top down...or a should I say “retracted” ;)
Mizza

Unread post by Mizza »

mikepa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:14 pm
Mizza wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Yes. That’s the one BUT I also added their FAD skid, rear diff cover and skid, front diff cover and skid, HD steering with stabilizer relo and adjustable rock rails which I still run upside down...against the suggestions of group members. Oh, and my lift is MC 2.5 Game changer. Guess you could say I’m a bit “cloaked out”.

My goal from day one was and still is to protect so I can wheel the trails on weekends and drive the rig during the week with the top down...or a should I say “retracted” ;)
HA - Nice!

I think I'm going to order that kit plus these rocker rails tonight.

https://metalcloak.com/overline-rocker- ... tions.html

I have the Rancho rear and front diff skid plates.
mikepa
BSJ Member

Unread post by mikepa »

If you plan to order MC, make sure you take advantage of one of their 10% off with free shipping sales. Not sure when their next one will be but you can contact them to find out. Never pay full price and shipping with them.
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RandyCarol »

mikepa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm If you plan to order MC, make sure you take advantage of one of their 10% off with free shipping sales. Not sure when their next one will be but you can contact them to find out. Never pay full price and shipping with them.
Easter probably
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
mikepa
BSJ Member

Unread post by mikepa »

RandyCarol wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:58 pm
mikepa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm If you plan to order MC, make sure you take advantage of one of their 10% off with free shipping sales. Not sure when their next one will be but you can contact them to find out. Never pay full price and shipping with them.
Easter probably
Good point Randy and very likely. In fact, many suppliers are starting to run their spring sales...although most will take your money now and put you on their COVID waitlist for shipping direct from factory. Sooooo many products out there are not out there.
Mizza

Unread post by Mizza »

mikepa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:09 pm
RandyCarol wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:58 pm
Easter probably
Good point Randy and very likely. In fact, many suppliers are starting to run their spring sales...although most will take your money now and put you on their COVID waitlist for shipping direct from factory. Sooooo many products out there are not out there.

Thanks guys. I ended up ordering both the skid plate kit + rocker rails tonight and surprisingly shipping said $0.
mikepa
BSJ Member

Unread post by mikepa »

Mizza wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:22 pm
Thanks guys. I ended up ordering both the skid plate kit + rocker rails tonight and surprisingly shipping said $0.
Congrats Nick. See you on the trails. And don’t forget to sign up for MC Owners Club FB page. Lots of good info which is monitored by MC engineers, installers and of course users.