JK Gas Skid

Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

JK Gas Skid

Unread post by Frank »

Any one have a stock gas tank skid for a 09 2 door . Can you bring it to the cook out , How much FjR68
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Re: JK Gas Skid

Unread post by Frank »

Anyone have the stock gas tank skid for an 09 JK 2 door , if its different than a 4 door ? Thanks Frank
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RandyCarol »

They are different. Stock ones are hard to find in decent shape, most of the aftermarket ones go over the factory ones so they don’t end up getting swapped out. You could get lucky, I have seen them occasionally. Not sure if it’s needed to replace a rusted out one, but I am still just running only my factory gas tank skid, Field & Forest and Brookridge has bashed the living daylights out of it but it’s holding up strong. I’ve been hesitant to replace it with a real one because I don’t want to give up the ground clearance I’ve gained with it, lol.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Just that Randy. The stock is just about to fall off with rot. So even if you buy an RE from quadratec it just bolts over the rotted one ? Do they all do that or do some replace the stock one. A friend stopped the other day with an immaculate 09 , then I pointed out the skid and hes freekin . Thanks for the info FjR68
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Synergy and a couple others make them you completely replace and there are a couple others that make them that just go over existing. If he doesn’t wheel he is probably better off with just a stock replacement. Maybe one of the off road shops have a take-off one he can get cheap
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Bone yard plenty of jk's.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
KenCal
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by KenCal »

Frank wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:45 am Just that Randy. The stock is just about to fall off with rot. So even if you buy an RE from quadratec it just bolts over the rotted one ? Do they all do that or do some replace the stock one. A friend stopped the other day with an immaculate 09 , then I pointed out the skid and hes freekin . Thanks for the info FjR68
That's right Frank and he will really freak when he sees the $450 price for a OEM. :roll:
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

I've installed a "real" skid over the factory one. It uses most of the bolts that the factory one uses with a few added that you drill holes into the factory one. I see no reason why it could not be used without the factory one in place. If you watch sales, you'll find one for a hundred bucks including shipping.