New Waitlister from Central MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
elyse8743
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

New Waitlister from Central MA

Unread post by elyse8743 »

Hey all! My name's Elyse, I'm a new waitlister from Leominster, MA.

currently on my first Jeep, bought at the beginning of this summer. I've wanted one since I was old enough to drive but it took me 10 years to bite the bullet. It's an '04 Wrangler SE (gotta love the 4-bangers).

Currently on stock suspension and 31"s, most everything under it is actually stock actually. Only mods I've made so far is removing some rusty parts and painting, and general overdue maintenance items.

In the near future, planning a 2.5" lift with 32s, maybe a 1" BL if I'm feeling adventurous and have extra cash, and who knows what else. In the far future - looking at a potential 4.0 or v8 swap - but that's far future (aka after I get a house and a garage lol).

I've only taken it on some class VIs in NH and had a ton of fun.. I've definitely caught the offroading bug!
20200830_144059.jpg
20200829_102730.jpg
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005

Re: New Waitlister from Central MA

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Awesome! Another TJ!

I wheeled mine pretty hard on 31’s for a couple years. Invest money into your engine skid, transmission skid while getting that super valuable seat time and you’ll be golden!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
elyse8743
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by elyse8743 »

TJs are the best!! ;)

Yeah it's more than capable on the 31s! That danged skid plate is so low though haha. Appreciate the advice! The lift is definitely not for a while and not until I get some more wheeling under my belt for sure!
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

TJs are awesome Love my 97, I cant comment on 31s from my point of view, but they are def capable offroad.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

TJs are noted for frame rot ! You must keep an eye on it . There is a 2" lift for a 100 buks , Think its called a budget lift. Just spring spacers. Seriously before you attempt a 4.0 swap , let me ask you not to waist your time and money. Yes its an awesome engine. Its the work required to do the swap. Youd be better off having the other Jeep there because thats how many parts are different. Not just parts . It will require welding cutting measuring . The V-8 swap has kits you buy and be done with it. That will cost you a bit because of what else dont come with the kit you need. The 4 banger isnt a power house , but its very reliable , and Id bet whoever put the 31s on there didnt change out the 307 gears. 3"/4" lift with 33s and 4.56s or 4.88s and you will see a huge diff in torque . Its really not a bad motor. Good luck with the build FjR68