Waitlister from Weymouth

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Vfly172
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Waitlister from Weymouth

Unread post by Vfly172 »

I was able to get in on the open run yesterday and had a great time! Great staff, awesome trail leading, and the property was fun and challenging.

I have a 2000XJ with 5.5" long arm lift. 35s, front locker and plenty of armor. HP30 and 8.8 with 4.10s. Front and rear steel bumper with winch.

I've been wheeling on and off for 20 years with the last 5 being 2-3x a month and multiple multi day overland trips. I've have many jeeps, and other platforms, but at the end of the day, the XJ is by far my favorite.
Attachments
received_299595264520588_copy_1008x756.jpeg
Liv2Ryd
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Waitlister from Weymouth

Unread post by Liv2Ryd »

Hey Vijay,

Had a great time wheelin with you yesterday. Your years of experience really showed out on the trail. Watching you hit that split rock section gave me the confidence to try it. Looking forward to catching up with you again on the trails.

That XJ and your buddy's 4 Runner are sick rides.
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Liv2Ryd/Ryd2Liv

06TJR with 4" RE Lift, 35's, Lockers, 5:38 Dana 44's, UCF/Savvy skids, Savvy steering, Vanco brakes, Q9000 Winch
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Marky »

Vijay and John, I had a great time with you guys and the entire group! Everyone did awesome and I love seeing people helping each other out sharing the spotting jobs - I think it makes it much more interesting for the whole group and it makes a better club when there's more than just one person trying to spot 10 rigs! I was impressed you both tried the Split Rock even when I went around it. You both did a great job on it, too! BTW, looks like my power steering fluid was low and that was the weird sound I was getting. I filled it up last night and she was quiet all day today. I'll take a closer look this week to see if it's leaking somewhere.

John, if Max wants to drive your TJ in the club, too, he can get an associate membership (only $10). There's no waiting list for associate members and you can sponsor 1 associate who is a spouse or child.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Liv2Ryd
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Liv2Ryd »

I've got a lot to learn when it comes to spotting but I love a challenge. Both Max and I have years of off road bike riding/racing including trials which is all about line choice on gnarly terrain. Max is off to college in NC this week so its unlikely he will be at any more events for a while but I'll sign him up. Thanks again Mark for leading our group. Seems like a solid club and we look forward to joining and getting out at more events (and work parties too).
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Liv2Ryd/Ryd2Liv

06TJR with 4" RE Lift, 35's, Lockers, 5:38 Dana 44's, UCF/Savvy skids, Savvy steering, Vanco brakes, Q9000 Winch
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Marky »

Liv2Ryd wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:35 am I've got a lot to learn when it comes to spotting but I love a challenge.
You did fine. I was standing back letting anyone who wanted to try their hand at spotting give it a shot. As long as people weren't guiding others into certain doom I was just watching! If things got hairy I was ready to step in and help out, but we had a good number of people who obviously had a decent amount of experience in the group, so I got comfortable with it pretty quickly.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor