Baystate Jeepers and Broncos???

You can talk about anything here
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Baystate Jeepers and Broncos???

Unread post by Marky »

This is real competition! Jeep's move to put the HEMI in doesn't cut it.

[youtube]onsPobKT6xc[/youtube]

Your move, Jeep!

[youtube]SSJ8x3fhg9c[/youtube]
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Re: Baystate Jeepers and Broncos???

Unread post by Car Jack »

The Bronco looks good all around with lots of cool options. I think it's a mistake to only offer turbo engines, though. A N/A V6, V8 or diesel would sell well, I think. Probably a fuel economy move.
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Unread post by RandyCarol »

I reserved a Bronco, they are not taking orders until December. From what I understand the V8 won’t fit, also I don’t think IFS, lockers and a V8 will play nice together
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Liv2Ryd
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Liv2Ryd »

A Raptor motor (3.5L V6 twin turbo) with 450hp/525ftlb would do the trick for sure. I think the new Bronco looks killer
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Liv2Ryd/Ryd2Liv

06TJR with 4" RE Lift, 35's, Lockers, 5:38 Dana 44's, UCF/Savvy skids, Savvy steering, Vanco brakes, Q9000 Winch
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Its definitely a good looking vehicle. Being tied to the IFS will keep more of these on the pavement then wranglers, and will limit the extreme capability. They had a bunch of claims of "best in class", "class leading", etc that I wonder if they put themselves in their own category to claim these things. At this point, they look like a much, much better executed Bronco version of the FJ Cruiser, but because it actually resembles the bronco, it may actually make it.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Hank
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Hank »

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:18 pm At this point, they look like a much, much better executed Bronco version of the FJ Cruiser, but because it actually resembles the bronco, it may actually make it.
Agree completely. The name and look will sell a million of these, even if they're turds offroad.

Maybe this will light a fire under Jeep's butt to either lower price (HA!) or shake things up a bit by actually releasing one of the zillion concepts they keep putting out.
-- Hank
hig
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by hig »

Hank wrote:
BlackNBlue-ISH wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:18 pm At this point, they look like a much, much better executed Bronco version of the FJ Cruiser, but because it actually resembles the bronco, it may actually make it.
Agree completely. The name and look will sell a million of these, even if they're turds offroad.

Maybe this will light a fire under Jeep's butt to either lower price (HA!) or shake things up a bit by actually releasing one of the zillion concepts they keep putting out.
I don’t think it can be a turd. 35s on bead locks and fully locked from the factory probably puts it at a close #2 (behind the rubicon) in terms of offroad performance. It should be better than the rubi at the high speed desert stuff.

Jeep has had it too easy for too long. They need some competition. I had hopes for the new Defender but Land Rover totally blew it.

And it’ll bring more people into wheeling which is a good thing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 TJ, D44s, ARBs, 35s, armor and stuff
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

When I saw the orange one with the cutout doors I told Beth I'd be trading my LJ in. One can dream can't they?
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

I wouldnt worry about any competition from Ford. Just like waiting 14 yrs for Jeep to give us a truck with the promise it wont be a JK with a bed. What did they give you. Useless . Ford so delicately "Leaked" pictures of different models throughout the 5 or so years while always professing , "It Will Have Solid axles" What did they give you ? Chevy should be ashamed trying to get their people excited about the Blazer and it turns out to be nothing but another ugly car they found some where. I imagine several grocery moms will want one . Dave you are right in saying the Orange one is the only one to have. So again Chrysler escapes competition in the field without giving you the V-8 option !
HBP40
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: WK

Unread post by HBP40 »

Jeep wranglers have had the least amount of design change for oh let's say 15 years while maintaining an absurd price point.

A V8 in a wrangler? Google it, there's a million companies that do this already. Jeep won't because it would throw the maintenance and reliability numbers (read: warranty on drivetrain) out the window - means more testing and NRE (non-recurring engineering cost). Jeep owners are still buying minivan engines... people who want Jeeps, buy Jeeps with or without this stuff, why spend the profit?

They kept the solid front axle because its less NRE and let's ballpark 80% of people who buy wranglers don't know the difference between a solid axle and IFS anyway. 'It rides like that cause its a Jeep' -salesperson. They did not keep it around to cater to the few of us who like the solid axle for crawling over rocks, it was and always will be cost-driven.

A new model is the perfect time to spend all your money on new stuff - there's your Bronco. If Jeep had to redesign the wrangler from scratch today, I bet it'd look a lot like that - including the IFS (don't forget all the people on the west side of this country that like to go fast too). My guess is the wrangler will stay exactly the same until lack of sales force it to change (that day may never come?). I bet Jeep tries to make something off the grand cherokee platform to compete with the Bronco.

But competition forces the best change! Lets be honest, top and doors coming off is the coolest, any vehicle than can do that will be some kind of competition haha.

And don't read this as a trash on wranglers - obviously I'm a jeep fan, I'm in this club haha, this is more of an engineering vs cost gripe. Today the vast majority of people who buy wranglers are just going to and from the grocery store, those who actually wheel will find a way to do it - with or without help from the factory... Unless its an FJ haha, then you're right, just forget it.
Scott McNee
HBP40
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: WK

Unread post by HBP40 »

Or a WK... then also probably forget it hahaha
Scott McNee
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

If I was Jeep I’d seriously look into offering a 2 door Glaidator. That’s what I’d really like and right now is the only thing that I would consider over a Bronco
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Thank You Randy . The 05 concept would have been in my driveway ! I just dont get the ONE body configuration thing. They could have just moved the body mounts on the Dakota or 1500 and had every configuration available to them , let alone engine and trans options or combos . Its a good thing for the big train wreck with all the leftovers . You can get them in the bone yard cheap or they would be stacked like cord wood on the lots FjR68
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Anyone else pay the $100?
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

MDSRACING398 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:56 am Anyone else pay the $100?
I did! Badlands