New Waitlister from Cambridge MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
chrisradford
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

New Waitlister from Cambridge MA

Unread post by chrisradford »

Evening,

Recently acquired a new (leased) 2020 Wrangler—no mods yet and keen to see what I can do stock before I start upgrading anything. Sort of hesitant to do too much that'd be permanent since I'll likely be giving the Jeep back in 2.5 years (lease term, tied to my current visa), but I could see some Mopar lifts and bigger tires in my future.

This is my first Jeep and other than one time on the cape and driving over fields when I worked festivals in the UK, I have no experience of off-roading so have a lot to learn. Currently debating a course at Northeast Off Road Adventures (NY) or Off-road Consulting (VA) if anyone has any experiences with either of those to share!

Thanks!
hig
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: New Waitlister from Cambridge MA

Unread post by hig »

Welcome.

I don’t anything about courses but I suspect you’d learn as much on a 101 day with a club as one of those course. And save a couple of hundred bucks for mods. Closer too.

You can easily sell any mods before you turn in the lease, so don’t let that hold you back! Just hold onto the stock stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 TJ, D44s, ARBs, 35s, armor and stuff
chrisradford
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Re: New Waitlister from Cambridge MA

Unread post by chrisradford »

Appreciate the insight Hig, I’ll keep an eye out for 101 days starting back up over the next few months.