New waitlister from Charlton

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Schu2787
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2002
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

New waitlister from Charlton

Unread post by Schu2787 »

Hi all. Just bought my first Jeep a few weeks ago. An '02 TJ with blown 4.0L. Spent the last few weeks getting it up and running. So far so good. Replaced the 2" pucks in front and sagging front springs with 2 1/2" RC spings. It already has Bilstein shocks and I'll be doing the rears this week. Put in an '06 4.0 with 98k on it, new clutch and tie rod. Waiting for JKS track bar to be delivered. I'm hoping to have it running for the event in Barre early next month but really will keep watch for any open events this spring/summer. The attached pic is with new front springs only. You can see it's now a little higher in the front than back. :)
IMG_5686.JPG
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Re: New waitlister from Charlton

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Not to disappoint you but the event in Barre is cancelled. But welcome to the forum.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the forums, from just around the corner. sounds like a bit of work but well worth it in the end.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Just a concern , How is the frame on that 02 . You do know they all rot the frame out ? Before you do a bunch of work and money is what Im sayin. FjR68
Schu2787
Jeep Year: 2002

Unread post by Schu2787 »

Frame has been repaired. The front section and then the middle. So I may have to end up doing work to the back 1/3. The cancellation of Barre makes sense. Although I dont see how they get away with this level of involvement in my free time. Truck seems to be ok starting point. Has Dana 44 in rear and Dana 30 with 3.73's in front. We'll see. I'm ok with wrenches if have to do frame swap at some point. Have to take it as it goes i guess.