Waitlister from Groveland, MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
rfm8os
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Waitlister from Groveland, MA

Unread post by rfm8os »

Hi All,

I am a waitlister looking to get into offroading. I bought a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon late last year. Not sure I am in for full blown rock crawling, at least at first, i'd like to do easy to moderate type trails to start. This is a daily driver so I am approaching mods very conservatively for now.

I was going to attend the meeting/run tomorrow but since it was cancelled I am going to wait for a 101 for my first experience. Is there one scheduled? I see a 101 in the calendar but no mention of it in the events section.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Rock Hard front/rear lower control arm skids and Rancho front/rear diff glide plates.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

I am taking it slow, but next mods will be front bumper and winch. A modest lift will likely be next after that and eventually 35" tires.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

I am a new member who joined the waitlist last year.

How long have you been offroading?

I have only offroaded a few times and mostly as a passenger. I have ridden shotgun with my brother in his 94 Defender on some trips with ENH.

Is this your first jeep?

Yes, first Jeep. Loving it so far.
rob_jeep_1.jpg
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Waitlister from Groveland, MA

Unread post by Frank »

Mornin Robert . This is a fun sport if you want to call it a sport Vs. Hobbie . We do off road driving . On most trails , there are gorounds for the really hard stuff or at a particular run may break into two groups . One being more aggressive . No one will ever make you do anything you dont want to , I might cluck at you from time to time. Try to understand that sometimes things happen . Show up with heavy wax on the sides keeps most of the pin striping down to a minimum . Being technically a station wagon (look on your reg) a lift is going to be your best friend. The space between the tires will be you best friend on hill climbs and youll learn to hate it in the woods being on the long side. A lift will help ya get ovah things . Heres hoping you get out on a run this year. Frank