Spring Wrenchfest?

Public Events, Meets, Get Togethers, Etc....
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Spring Wrenchfest?

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Wondering if any WrenchFests are planned for Early Spring. Have some gear ready to go on. Specifically, a new Tailgate reinforcement as the Stock Tire mount is probably going to give with the weight of the 35" sitting on it now. Picked up that, and the License relocation bracket that will also require cutting into the electrical system (Passenger taillight). I was going to have some Bushwacker fender flairs and a pair of front fender liner replacements, but with the loss of work, I haven't picked them up (yet).

Bob
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Hank
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2015

Re: Spring Wrenchfest?

Unread post by Hank »

Nothing too terrible there, if you don't mind working outdoors on a warmer day, we can handle that at my place. Or, if you'd prefer someplace heated and indoors... you can wait for someone else :P
-- Hank
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

funny you should ask... I'm close to having a wrenchfest, possibly the day after the spring meeting to work on a few projects. would 3/15 work for people? I can get a two-bay heated garage in Westford and we can do a number of small projects and I will have a moderate size one that is somewhat time-sensitive. Details once I have a better idea of the scope of what I have done to myself this time. :lol:

this will be the first of two wrench-fests if my math is correct. ;) Lets just say Hoodoo will no longer be stuck on class VI trails. :music-rockout: 8-)
I'll create a thread when I have a better idea which may be as soon as tonight.
:bluesbros:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Unread post by RandyCarol »

I’m in if I’m not working
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

What is Jeffy up to now ? FjR68
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

That could work for me (3/15), I'd prefer indoors. Will there be anyone there with any Electrical system knowledge. This will be the first time I'm considering cutting into the electrical system and would like someone there that has either done it or knows what they are doing. to back me up...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Frank wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:19 am What is Jeffy up to now ? FjR68
waiting to take delivery to Ken across the street to assess. A slight delay of the game due to a shipping delay... :bluesbros:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Unread post by RandyCarol »

BlackKnight wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:56 pm That could work for me (3/15), I'd prefer indoors. Will there be anyone there with any Electrical system knowledge. This will be the first time I'm considering cutting into the electrical system and would like someone there that has either done it or knows what they are doing. to back me up...
Started my career as an avionics guy. A license plate light is pretty straight forward
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

RandyCarol wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:57 pmStarted my career as an avionics guy. A license plate light is pretty straight forward
That help would be greatly appreciated...
--
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

If I'm able to make it, I could pull the carpet up and point to where I'm tapped in for lic plate and 3rd brake light.
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

I might be able to swing up after work...
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Car Jack wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:01 pm If I'm able to make it, I could pull the carpet up and point to where I'm tapped in for lic plate and 3rd brake light.
The instructions I have from Poison Spyder have the wiring following the rear gate, following the current wiring and into the opening for the rear passenger light housing. But any help is welcome.
--
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

:doh: And of course, after checking with the keeper of plans and verifying, I'm occupied on the 15th. Looks like I'll have to wait for the next one...
--
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Count me in for the 15th. No plans for work on my rig, but I can help
Last edited by Carl McFly on Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Now thats funny right there ! FjR68