New Prospect member from Cape Cod

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Babe_the_blue_JK
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New Prospect member from Cape Cod

Unread post by Babe_the_blue_JK »

Greetings all,

First time Jeep owner and current prospect member of the club here. I've got a 2016 JKU Sahara whom I affectionately call Babe.

I bought Babe with several modifications already installed, including lift, tires, bumpers and winch set up. I've been slowly tweaking the existing upgrades and adding my own as I go. The previous owner definitely set Babe up as a mall crawler, so my intentions are to focus on supporting upgrades to give her some bite to go with the bark. I plan on beefing up the chassis, suspension, brakes, and gearing to create my ideal blend of on and off-road capability.

I reside in Hyannis, and do most of my off-roading on the surrounding beaches and dunes. I take my two year old son on most trips and he absolutely loves it (memories per gallon). I am excited to join the club, makes some new friends, and attend some organized trail rides on some more challenging terrain.

- Adam
Richl35

Re: New Prospect member from Cape Cod

Unread post by Richl35 »

Well Hello Adam.

Welcome to the club. It sounds like though a mall crawler it’s still a good start to a solid off road rig. Hopefully we will catch you on some trails this year and who knows.... maybe even a beach.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Maybe you should start lookin for camp grounds and pass / permit cost and treat us to the salt life for a weekend . Possible we can come see your back yard ? I havent been on Nausset Beach or Race point ina hundred years . Always had fun out there. Welcome to the forum. FjR68
mikepa
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by mikepa »

Ditto re: Nauset. Challenge is cost ($196 per rig out of town season, preregistered) and short window of availability (Piping Plover nesting).
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2.5" MC GameChanger, 37" Toyo MTs,
MC skids/rock rails, PowerTank CO2 air, front trail camera
and one wicked cool, push button retractable soft top
Babe_the_blue_JK
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Babe_the_blue_JK »

I would love to host a meet up here on the Cape. As Mike said above, permits are expensive. However, I would have no issue talking to the ORV folks about a weekend pass or reduced/waived fees for a specific event. If there is sufficient interest within the club, I'll pursue it!

Adam