How to obtain OHV sticker

MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

How to obtain OHV sticker

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

This is a write up Kurt did couple years ago.

OK, I ran the gauntlet at the Worcester office and came away with my OHV stickers.
Here's the process for in state registered vehicles (street registered).

The vehicle registrations does NOT have to be current to get the ATV permit. So if you've let your registration lapse you can still use your expired registration to get your ATV permit.

First step
Print out and then fill out by hand the ATV registration form from the state website.
http://www.mass.gov/eea/grants-and-tech ... ngform.pdf
Select ATV, Registration Only and fill in all the other generic stuff.

Take this, a check for $44 payable to the "Commonwealth Of Mass", and your Jeeps registration to the Boat & ATV registration office.
I went to the one on Worcester at 67 Millbrook Street in Suite 350 (3rd floor). DOR office is right across the hall.

edit - as of 2021, the DOR and ST-6E was no longer necessary if the Jeep's properly registered with the RMV. Go Straight to the Boat & ATV reg. office with your application and RMV registration - beaker
Once there..
Go directly to the Department Of Revenue (DOR) office directly across the hall. Sit down at one of the terminals and fill out form ST-6E which is a sales tax exemption form. Select ATV. The form assumes you just bought your "ATV". For seller you can just plug in any name (I used my brothers). For the sellers address just list your own. For selling price just enter "0". For purchase date use the current date.
All these directions were per the DOR representative.
Print out two copies at the printer next to the terminal.
Next...
Go across the hall to the Boat & ATV registration office.
Present them with (1) copy of the form ST-6E, your Jeeps registration and the completed copy of the application form. Once done hand them a check for $44 and you get your stickers and registration card.

The ATV permit is good for 2 years from date of issue so it's $22 per year.
They will notify you when it's about to expire and can be renewed on-line.

The vehicle registrations does NOT have to be current to get the ATV permit.

The people at both the DOR and registry office were very helpful. :)
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Kurt
Member BOD

Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi