New waitlist from Cape Cod

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Carrie2268
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New waitlist from Cape Cod

Unread post by Carrie2268 »

Hi All,

First jeep 2016 Willys Wheeler, stock, except for took off there mud terrains and put similar size BF Goodrich AT. Have experience off roading (mostly in winter) but don't want to bang up my rig.
Hoping to add upgraded suspension with 2" lift and if I can find one, a Bantom or similar trailer for overloading.
Hoping to also get off the waitlist and do some trails with the club soon.
Lisah311
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: New waitlist from Cape Cod

Unread post by Lisah311 »

Hey Carrie,
Welcome to the waitlist. Spots will start opening up shortly. The members have until Feb 15, though. Keep your eyes open for open runs and stuff on the forum, though. If you're looking for some overlanding stuff and shop recommendations, feel free to ask away on the forum for member opinions/advice. We have a few serious overlanders here, and we have some great shops we all recommend and who are big supports of wheeling. Also, check out the instagram and facebook pages if you haven't already. We post open runs and public stuff on social media, as well.
2005 Rubicon
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

Hello Carolyn!

Welcome to the forum! As Lisa said there will be an opportunity to join coming up and I hope to see you out on the trail with us.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Mornin Carolyn . You said up front you dont want to bang up your rig. It happens off road . We as a club give you all the required details of the run , you decide if you fit the bill . Whats called class 6 is probably the easiest thing we do as a club . On the forum is a post explaining the description of the classifications of the trails. You might be better looking at clubs that go out on the cape . The worst thing is getting stuck in the sand but its wide open. Not telling you what to do , just giving you a heads up on what we do . See ya soon ? FjjR68
Carrie2268

Hi,
Yes it is fun to take the family to the beach, but the area is limited. I enjoy trails but my jeep is my everyday drive too so I don't mind a blemish here and there but big dents would bum me out a bit. Maybe I just need to buy another jeep for the more difficult trails. Now there's a thought.

Thanks for the advise,
Carrie
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

The first one always hurts the worst . We have more daily driven Jeeps in the club than trailer queens. You just have to except what we do to have fun. I have to say in (This will be 15 yrs) for me , I have non reparable damage to my 74 CJ-5 . Look at the avatar . Her name is Mona and she still looks good from 30 feet. Because you either get bit or quit I say. Look for open wait list runs. FjR68
Cannoli
BSJ BOD Treasurer
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Cannoli »

Welcome Carrie! You risk damage driving on payment and even parked. Does that risk increase offroad? Depends. Pay attention to the trail description on the evites and stick to stock friendly runs. Take it slow and don't be afraid to ask for a spotter if you're not sure which line to take. You picked an awesome club with knowledgable members who are eager to help.
Carrie2268

Thank you all, I'll be looking for the open runs. It will suck if I bank him up, but I do want to use it as was intended so the chance, I will take. Unfortunately, the run in March is the same weekend I need to take my son on a college visit in Vermont. On a brighter side, maybe it will be warm and we can find mud traveling the roads and trails around the college :) !!
Babe_the_blue_JK

Unread post by Babe_the_blue_JK »

Hi Carrie,

Greetings from a fellow Cape Cod waitlister! I am in a similar situation as you: excited to hit some trails but also daily drive my Jeep. This thread has been really helpful and I appreciate the responses. Maybe I'll see you out on the beach sometime!

Adam
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Rarely see any body damage beyond a popped off fender or broken mirror, even on the tougher properties. Even those could usually be avoided if you keep away from the trees.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

RandyCarol wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:43 pm Rarely see any body damage beyond a popped off fender or broken mirror, even on the tougher properties. Even those could usually be avoided if you keep away from the trees.
Whaddaya sayin'? :snooty:
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

ImNotCassie wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:48 pm
RandyCarol wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:43 pm Rarely see any body damage beyond a popped off fender or broken mirror, even on the tougher properties. Even those could usually be avoided if you keep away from the trees.
Whaddaya sayin'? :snooty:
If the shoe fits...
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Hank
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Hank »

RandyCarol wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:21 pm If the shoe fits...
... she's probably kicking trees with it. :lol:
-- Hank
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I heart you guys too.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!