Anybody's company Hiring in Information Security?

You can talk about anything here
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Anybody's company Hiring in Information Security?

Unread post by BlackKnight »

I left BJ's yesterday, Looking for my next position...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: Anybody's company Hiring in Information Security?

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

where are you located? My wife's company Parexel has a lot of IT openings... if you find something there pm me and my wife can submit your resume for you. Gets past a few levels of screening that way and she is good friends with the IT hiring manager.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
BRWhelan
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by BRWhelan »

Hey Bob, yes my company is. Endurance International Group in Burlington. If you want to take a look at our site and let me know if you are interested. I can throw your resume in for you. We are an IT web hosting and digital marketing company. We are always looking for IT and IS heads. Just make sure you are looking at all job when searching because we have offices in Burlington and Waltham.

I do the commute from Lancaster and the ride is a little over an hour with traffic. If you don’t mind being in the car, its an awesome organization and culture.

Hoodoo Man, I was actually at PAREXEL before leaving to go to Endurance. Small world.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

I live in Clinton (Bryan, you must live right down the street from me). I'll take a look at both Hoodoo and BRW's sites...

Thanks Guys...

>> EDIT >>
Bryan, I just looked and I've already applied for a job at Endurance. it was for Senior IT Security Risk Analyst. something that I likely exceed the requirements given my background in Security.

>>Edit 2 >>
Jeff, I just found a Solutions Architect position that would be a near fit, but they are wanting 10 years as an architect, I'm only at 3.5, but over 20 years in IT. Also, my focus was always Security, where this one looks to be a general. I'd say my best thing that would be a fit, is I was the Network Engineer/Manager for the Whitehead Institute. The place where probably 80% of the Clinical /heads of your company came from or at the least all heard about. I ran the Network for the biggest contribution to the Governments Human Genome Project back int the late '90s.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

I work at Raytheon. I'll check our postings.
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

ASauer17 wrote:I work at Raytheon. I'll check our postings.
A friend of mine also works there He's looking through also. I applied there back in the early '90s and didn't make the cut, but a lot has changed since then...
--
Hank
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Hank »

BRWhelan wrote:Hey Bob, yes my company is. Endurance International Group in Burlington. If you want to take a look at our site and let me know if you are interested. I can throw your resume in for you. We are an IT web hosting and digital marketing company. We are always looking for IT and IS heads. Just make sure you are looking at all job when searching because we have offices in Burlington and Waltham.

I do the commute from Lancaster and the ride is a little over an hour with traffic. If you don’t mind being in the car, its an awesome organization and culture.

Hoodoo Man, I was actually at PAREXEL before leaving to go to Endurance. Small world.
Small world indeed. I left Endurance Nov '18 to go to GoDaddy...
-- Hank
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Bob, takes a lot to leave a job, best thing I was ever told/taught, some of the best positions are never advertised. If there is a company you want to work for just go in cold with copies (Multiple) of your resume and drop them off. Try to schedule a meeting with someone to discuss potential openings and fits for you. Sometimes it can get you exactly what you want. If not....whats the worst, your where you started?
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

PM in process of sending
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

ASauer17 wrote:PM in process of sending
Got it... Thanks..
--