You can talk about anything here
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Questions about joining Baystate this year. 2020

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

For incoming new people.

We have been getting a lot of questions lately about when applications open up for 2020.
Right now current members have until Feb. 15th to renew. After that we will be inviting Waitlisters that have completed there try it before you buy it run to join.
When runs start up again a number of waitlisters will be invited to attend a try before you buy run. (This will go in order that you are on the waitlist.) You will have a few weeks to make a run. If you like it you can submit an application. If not we move on to the next waitlister.
To become a full member you must attend:
1 meeting
1 volunteer day (NEA OR Baystate)
2 or more runs
If all these aren't completed by the end of the year you will forfeit your membership.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: Questions about joining Baystate this year. 2020

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

MDSRACING398 wrote:For incoming new people.

We have been getting a lot of questions lately about when applications open up for 2020.
Right now current members have until Feb. 15th to renew. After that we will be inviting Waitlisters that have completed there try it before you buy it run to join.
When runs start up again a number of waitlisters will be invited to attend a try before you buy run. (This will go in order that you are on the waitlist.) You will have a few weeks to make a run. If you like it you can submit an application. If not we move on to the next waitlister.
To become a full member you must attend:
1 meeting
1 volunteer day (NEA OR Baystate)
2 or more runs
If all these aren't completed by the end of the year you will forfeit your membership.
So do those requirements apply only to prospective members and not existing members?

I think there needs to be a proper online roll out of new changes to avoid the confusion of voting members and non voting members please and thank you? This is something that can't be done at or wait until the spring meeting as not everyone will attend it. Frankly it needs to be shared asap as the changes had been decided months ago.

The BOD is doing a great job, but I think there is some mystery about the changes and its turning into rumors.

A FAQ sticky to the members section would be nice or posting the actual minutes from the meeting with a bullet point of the changes made would be helpful.

I know its all volunteer jobs, but stuff that is important is slipping through the cracks at times with some of the new bylaws being changed, Ive been here over ten years and feel like I have no clue whats going on with changes these days as I was busy with stuff the day of the meeting.

Happy to take this offline if you prefer. Don't want to scare away new prospective members from an awesome club. - Just want to see things explained better... :bluesbros:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Everything you asked for is already in the membership section and has been. The adopted bylaws are in the bylaws also, not just on the forum. The email that went out with renew information explained it also. How else would you like it explained? (Not being sarcastic I don't know how else to explain it) Members of the By Law Committee spent a lot of time going back and forth getting the wording right.
Yes change sucks!
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

Meeting minutes are also up and have been.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

For anyone who cant figure this out. I am not the sharpest knife in the draw as they say. At the fall meeting / Company BBQ , it was discussed as to how avoid having members taking up a slot and not wheel . Creating a waitlist . We tried to get rid of the wait list and all we did was double membership with the same people showing and helping and making runs . Every other club cost more, Every other club has a probation period, some even have a sponsor where you have someone speak up for you to even get you in. I thought personally it should be more extreme . The more members , the more have to show to meet quorum . What if ten members that havent wheeled in 3 or more years gave up their spot. Would we have a wait list at all. So yes , it is needed as a first step in controlling our club and this will be the first step. So important to stay in touch with your club , even during the winter . All the info is on the site. I have been known to speak my mind here and there . I want you all to know This being my club too , I volunteered to call all said members to give them the bad news . I was out voted ! Spring meeting ---- Be there ! BOD You can remove this if you feel it offends FjR68
Hoodoo Man

MDSRACING398 wrote:Everything you asked for is already in the membership section and has been. The adopted bylaws are in the bylaws also, not just on the forum. The email that went out with renew information explained it also. How else would you like it explained? (Not being sarcastic I don't know how else to explain it) Members of the By Law Committee spent a lot of time going back and forth getting the wording right.
Yes change sucks!
Thanks Mark, I'm not trying to be a jerk either. I don't recall seeing the explanation in the email about what is required now. I will look at the resources you mention. I think the meeting minutes got lost in the shuffle as I never saw them posted, probably got little feedback on them and they disappeared. We're all busy and things get lost in the shuffle.

There have been a lot of changes, hopefully for the better, and its hard to track them when they are not in front of you so to speak. I'd recommend a sticky thread with the above info so its on the forum. I NEVER go to the home page so I won't ever see the updates to that page unless directed there. A link to the appropriate places would be awesome so people can easily find it. It was a while before I even knew who was elected. I am on the forum most days and try to stay on top of things but this is all a moving target that has now settled in. Thanks to you and the by law committee for all your hard work!
:music-rockout: :bluesbros:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Hoodoo Man

ImNotCassie wrote:Meeting minutes are also up and have been.

are they on the forum? I have looked and cant see them... Thought we had a forum section for meetings and meeting minutes. I'm probably blind... ;)
1970 Jeepster- stock
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

It took me 2 minutes to find via tapatalk on my phone. I stuck it.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Hoodoo Man

thanks Dan!
1970 Jeepster- stock
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:I stuck it.
That's what she said!
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Hoodoo Man

ImNotCassie wrote:
BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:I stuck it.
That's what she said!
:lol: :lol:
1970 Jeepster- stock