You can talk about anything here
King Hap
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

JP Magazine (Kind of Bummed)

Unread post by King Hap »

Hey Guys,
Not sure if any of you guys look at it. But as of this week JP Will no longer be printed. I got a email today and was kind of bummed out. Not sure if it will be avail online. But I did use to look forward to it. I got a lot of good ideas for my jeep from there.

Just a FYI,
Not even sure if anyone else even reads it.

Hap
King Hap!!!

Listen to "The Happy Hour with King Hap" Weekly!!!
http://thehappyhour.buzzsprout.com/

Join
The Happy Hour Social Club
https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHourSC/

#TheHappyHourSC
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: JP Magazine (Kind of Bummed)

Unread post by Modeler »

Yep, JP and Peterson's 4Wheel and OffRoad as well on the offroad side, and more for the other genres are stopping print. Only Fourwheeler, as of now, is staying printed. I read that they intend to continue as online mags.

This was posted on FB by David Freiburger on Dec 6th:
Today is a day we’ve all dreaded. With the exception of Motor Trend, Hot Rod, and Four Wheeler, TEN Publishing will cease the print products of its magazine brands. These titles will continue as web sites and social media accounts, and major investments are being made in digital, so the editors may keep their jobs to continue with that content. As a lifelong fan of print who made his career as a magazine editor, this is a devastating heartbreak of a day—but not a surprise. 19 magazines will stop being printed. This closure of print was not a decision made by the MotorTrend company. Also, this does not affect the MotorTrend app or online video.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

There is a couple mags I subscribed to with JP being one of them. They supposedly will continue online but I like to hold the mag in my hand. Definitely bums me out!

Just another sign of the times I guess..
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Crap. Was hoping it was just a rumor, no email or snail mail for me, but I subscribe to all three David mentions for many years now and just renewed JP for 2 yrs in September. Not a fan of digital for magazines as I like to read them err... TMI... ;)
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
King Hap
Jeep Year: 2008

Unread post by King Hap »

I'm Bummed. I would always pack that for flights and read it in the sauna. Its the only Mag. I get delivered. O well, I hope the online thing version is pretty good, but I will miss getting it.....

I will need to get more ideas for my jeep from you guys...lol
King Hap!!!

Listen to "The Happy Hour with King Hap" Weekly!!!
http://thehappyhour.buzzsprout.com/

Join
The Happy Hour Social Club
https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHourSC/

#TheHappyHourSC
Hoodoo Man

check your spam filters if you get the magazine kids... .that's where my email was along with a code for free Motor Trend... :(
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Just ended my 18 yr run with all 4 mags , Their loss ! It was gettin to be a PITA to read anyway with the smaller print. Go ahead a laugh youngsters. It happens . FjR68
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Just received my email, they are continuing my subscription for 6 months of online, HOWEVER, JP Mag was NOT one of the ones I could choose for options to continue. Only FourWheeler was among the 4 magazines I could get. and a 6month trial on Motertrend. I'm with all the others, I don't like the Online, I don't have an iPad, and you can't use it really on a computer so I'm left trying to read it on my phone :(
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Hoodoo Man

anyone ask for a refund yet? As soon as I have time I will be calling them. Seriously disappointed... looked forward to each issue from each rag every month for years.... :(
1970 Jeepster- stock
Hoodoo Man

Merry Xmas JPfreek is also going away.. occasional reader of that as it was online only...

Our final JPFreek issue is live

Unfortunately, this will be the last digital magazine issue for JPFreek. More details can be found in this issue's From the Big Freek. The blog and social media will live on but these will be the final features in our digital magazine:
We test the Yokohama GEOLANDAR X-AT and M/T G003
Dan Grec checks in from Overland Expo
WARN's new EVO VR 8S hits the Arizona rocks
Steer Smarts Yeti HD JL steering bulletproofs our JL
We secure our gear in a new TJ with Tuffy Security Products
Making our new '98 TJ daily driver ready
We sincerely appreciate all of our Freek family who have made working on JPFreek so much fun and all of those we've met in our travels. There are some interesting possibilities on the horizon and we're not going away, but we're sad to have to share this news on the digital magazine issues.

Click here to go directly to the new issue
1970 Jeepster- stock