Getting Ready for my Inspection...

BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Getting Ready for my Inspection...

Unread post by BlackKnight »

I'm running 35's (13.5" width on 9" wide rims) with OEM spacing on the rims and 2" spacers to compensate for the width. I'm running a 2.5" lift but kept my leveling kit in to keep the nose up (300lb bumper compared to the OEM 30LB bumper brought the nose down significantly). From the side with the new tires you can see about an inch of tread, where before with the 33's you could only see the sidewall lugs. According to the MA laws, with Mud Flaps, I don't even need fender flares, but it's open to interpretation, which, therein lies the problem...

Until MA Inspections follow the MA specific laws when it comes to the difference between "Cars" and "built for Off-Road Usage", everything is based on the opinions of the inspectors, and not the legal requirements of the state.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Getting Ready for my Inspection...

Unread post by BlackKnight »

ASauer17 wrote:Find a new place. I have 0 issues.
ImNotCassie wrote:Where do you go? You need to find a new place.
Found a new place, was a private suggestion from a member that is local to my house. I was going to the Stealership (Dan's where I bought the Jeep), but after the nightmarish customer experience I had with them (they still owe me $600 that they refuse to give back on a warranty repair, and a Renegade I leased from there, turns out to be $150 a month cheaper anywhere else I checked after the fact).

The new location's owner is a Jeep Owner and actually understands that Jeep != Car...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars