Not so new member

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ChrisD
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Not so new member

Unread post by ChrisD »

Well folks it has been about 4-5 years since I last wheeled and at least 3 years since I have driven the jeep on the road (yes I still have my jeep). Sometimes life happens and some things have to go on hold. This past weekend I finally got around to pulled the jeep out of storage and into the garage for some much-needed maintenance and upgrades (shocks, brake upgrade, fluids, OBA, rattle can touch up and a good cleaning). Not sure if I will be able to make any runs this season, however, it would be nice to meet up with some familiar faces.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Not so new member

Unread post by Frank »

Mr. Chris , its great to hear from you. While you slept , TJs died and JKs rose to power . Now its cousin the JL will make am attempt to dethrone "Mona" . She has had a couple of surgerys over the years but shes the same good lookin girl you knew. My god your boy must be a teenager by now ? Did he ever complete the rock garden we started ? See ya on a trail soon. Maybe a camp out weekend FjR68
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

hey Chris! Welcome back! Hope to see you on the trail! I still remeber Eleanor and your son sleeping while we descended the open rock wall at MA Bell! :lol:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
ChrisD

Unread post by ChrisD »

Didn't I read somewhere that the last Jeep built rolled off the assembly line back in late 2006? ;P

Frank - Yes, Cam is a very moody, all knowing 12 year old going into 7th grade. Collecting rocks has turned into collecting broken items and building something out of them, kid will no doubt be an engineer. Tried to get him to help working on the jeep and he told me he would just pay someone to fix his cars. My only hope now is, if I can get his 3 year old sister to help as she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. Until last week when I drove the jeep out of my pole barn shed to the garage, she really hadn't see the jeep up close. Going to be a treat when she gets to go for a ride with the top off.

Jeff - I do remember! Your girls must be at least in high school?

If possible, as I know there is a member wait list, would love to get a class VI run under my belt... get my tires wet again.

Trying to get the jeep back up and on the road. Currently waiting for the VANCO Big Brake Kit to arrive to finish up.

BTW I see Dave just stepped up to 35's... get the popcorn out!
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Get on the waitlist rumor has it there may be openings coming soon.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Hey dude! Welcome back, glad to hear you're reviving the TJ
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Chris- my oldest is technically a HS Jr but starts at Middlesex Comm College this year with duel enrollment and the youngest is a Freshman. We are starting to get old. LOL
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Woooahhhhh! Welcome back
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
ChrisD

Unread post by ChrisD »

Hey Amanda! It has been a long time... I think I remember your first run. Believe you were getting either getting married or still boyfriend/girlfriend? Yes, it has been a long time! Do hope you are doing good.. believe you had the Cow colored jeep?

So this week I have been cranking on a soon go-live website for a client and working at night on the jeep. A ton of work, finally upgraded to the Vanco 15" Big Brake Kit and all new brake components for the rear brakes. If all go well, I will be mall crawling the Maine shoreline next week with one over kill mall crawler ;). Cannot thank my wife enough for freeing up my schedule so we can get the Heep back on the road.

Is Kurt, Mark, Jay, Ryan aka Mr MIT, Jon W, John C, Don, Steve & son, and Pat C still kicking around?
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

2 outta 27 aint bad Chris. And the "COW colored Jeep had me on the floor ! :) :) :) FjR68
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Cow!! A cow!!!! I thought more like a police interceptor.. Haha. Yes, first run ever on the power lines and someone lost their tire bead. Yup, remember that. I did get married in 2011 and we have 3 kids now. My jeep is currently down, thinking the starter.

Kurt, Marky, and Jay are still around. Jon and John show up when they can. Don moved. Pat C is always around! Steve & son: doug???? Doug sold his jeep a few years back
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary