New(ish) Member - Late on Bio

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ChristopherM
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New(ish) Member - Late on Bio

Unread post by ChristopherM »

Howdy. I am a new-ish member with BSJ. 2019 will be my second season, but I am late posting my intro/bio here.

I am based just west of Boston in the western edge of Newton. In addition to wheeling with the BSJ crew around the area trails, in the summers I also do a lot of sand dune wheeling in the Cape Cod National Seashore in the outermost parts of Cape Cod. (Getting the salt on the Jeep makes me cringe, but it is a pretty special experience, so I figure it's worth it - see photos - black JK).

I am super-psyched for the trails this season because in February I finally swapped my Black 2016 JKU with open diffs for a 2019 Hella Yella JLUR (6-spd manual) with lockers and easy swaybar disconnect.

The build is still on-going as I write this in March 2019 - I have been freezing my fingers off working on the JLUR this winter and early spring. As you can see from the photos, it is bright yellow, with old school white steel wheels (yes, I have a thing for the classic white wheels like you used to see on old CJs, K-5 Blazers, Scouts, & Land Rovers - as you can tell from the pictures, my black JK had 'em too.) Here's the rest of the current JLUR's build details:
  • 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    Steel bumper with bar
    XRC 9.5 winch w/ synthetic line
    MOPAR 2" lift kit (have it, but need a warm dry weekend to install it)
    Rock Hard aluminum full belly pan skid system (need a warm weekend)
    Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer
    Various KC, Hella & ARB/IPF lights
    Miscellaneous skids/armor for shock arms and diffs.
Look forward to seeing you out on the trail!
Attachments
New Rig!
New Rig!
New Rig!
New Rig!
Previous JK in the dunes/beach
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: New(ish) Member - Late on Bio

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome, congrats on the new jeep and looking forward to seeing it out on the trails
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: New(ish) Member - Late on Bio

Unread post by Frank »

Christopher , Welcome to the club finally ! I got yer back on old skool ! Shes a 1974 CJ-5 , and goes by "MONA" . Oldest running Jeep in the club . She has a couple mods and one I really like over the years , all 17 of them ! Still , like you , kid at christmas feelin is creepin up on me. See ya at the 101 or on a trail . FjR68