New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
bangel2209
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2017
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by bangel2209 »

Hi all, my wife and I just joined Baystate Jeepers. I bought my first Jeep a couple of weeks ago. It's a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Willy. I believe it is all stock and is my daily ride to and from work. I have 32" tires and would like to do some light off roading with it this summer. We did a little off-roading when we were young (now 49). Since we are new to a Jeep, we are not sure which quick disconnect sway bars we should choose for the front, any input would be appreciated. We are open to other modifications and thinking of getting an air compressor. We are trying to get the Jeep ready for April to attend the Jeep 101 class.
We are looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing your Jeeps, at the Jeep 101. :)

Carl & Robin
Attachments
jeep.JPG
JeepAddict
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New Member

Unread post by JeepAddict »

Hey Carl welcome. Although having your front sway bar will allow for better articulation, it wont be necessary for the 101 ( other runs however it will be very useful) . I'd say just come as you are and look at some of the other Jeeps that have them and ask questions. Factory ones can be disconnected with minimal effort usually. Don't stress and rush to modify anything. Take your time and do it right .
Chrome? Never heard of it.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Carl & Robin , Welcome to a great club . The spring meeting is March16 . Come see what and who we are. Thats code for ---- lets us set the hook deeper ! Its like a meet and greet with news and awesome food and drink . There are a thousand different things you can do to your Jeep . You decide which ones you want and GITER DONE ! See ya there . My Avatar is "Mona" FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the group, and a great group you chose!

Def sign up for the 101, its coming up quickly (Within about a month) and emails will go out for this. You can get a chance to learn about sway bars and see different ways to handle that situation. Also will get to see some other great Jeeps and how their owners have gone down the path to where they are. Looking forward to seeing you out there on the trails.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.