Black Widow Customs

Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Black Widow Customs

Unread post by Carl McFly »

BWC (Manchester NH) has a lot of good reviews and seem like a reputable 4WD shop. Anyone had work done there?
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: Black Widow Customs

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

are you still friends with Dave Waterman? he had an awful experience there a few years back. I don't see much of BWC anymore. Heard a lot of good things about Ratchets Offroad and have seen Barrett Fabrications work and its top notch. I would imagine if BWC is still running they have improved over the years but they wouldn't be my first choice.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

I'll double down on what Jeff said and add Keith at Ratchets and Ricky at at Barrette fab both support the NEA.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

I'll confirm both Jeff and Mark regarding BWC.

My experience at Ratchets left me very underwhelmed. They overlooked lots of items required for state inspection, and I'm guessing they did the bare minimum to put a sticker on it "just cause its a jeep thing". I use the yearly inspection to check things that I don't normally check or are not easy for a weekend mechacknic to check. They also did a terrible 4 wheel drive alignment, it now squeals the front tires taking side street turns at 5 mph, they corrected some caster, but mostly tried to correct pinion making the front springs rub on the shock towers. I asked them to check the rear to ensure all 5 arms (control/trackbar) were set properly, but they didn't even bother. I'll be taking it to Elias4x4 sometime between now and wheeling season to get it all sorted out properly.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I've used both places. Barrett Fab is a long haul for me but does good work and will always make sure customer is happy.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
zenfire1
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by zenfire1 »

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:I'll confirm both Jeff and Mark regarding BWC.

My experience at Ratchets left me very underwhelmed. They overlooked lots of items required for state inspection, and I'm guessing they did the bare minimum to put a sticker on it "just cause its a jeep thing". I use the yearly inspection to check things that I don't normally check or are not easy for a weekend mechacknic to check. They also did a terrible 4 wheel drive alignment, it now squeals the front tires taking side street turns at 5 mph, they corrected some caster, but mostly tried to correct pinion making the front springs rub on the shock towers. I asked them to check the rear to ensure all 5 arms (control/trackbar) were set properly, but they didn't even bother. I'll be taking it to Elias4x4 sometime between now and wheeling season to get it all sorted out properly.
I agree on ratchets. Went back twice to fix a differential swap vibration. Had to pay a second time at Elias to fix it. Ratchets seems to only like to work on pavement princess.
2013 JK Sport, 3" TeraFlex Lift, 35" Toyo OpenCountry MT
Warn Winch 8s & front bumper, skid plates