johnsxj

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
johnsxj
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

johnsxj

Unread post by johnsxj »

Hi all,
I'm John Cadrette aka johnsxj. I'm your Baystate President for 2010 :lol: I've been a member since the spring of 2006 and have held a couple of positions on the BOD since the spring of 2007.
My current Jeep started life as an '88 Cherokee (it's become easier to count what's left on it from the factory than what's been changed :shock: ) It currently sports 5.5" of lift, 35/10.5-15 Swamper SSRs, a full roll cage, custom bumpers, custom rocker panels, lots of skid plates, a '96 engine using '91 wiring, a TJ six speed transmission, and a Ford 8.8" rear axle. There's also lockers front and rear, an on board air compressor, power inverter, and lots of tools/spare parts to keep myself and others going on the trail. My Heep isn't a "trailer queen" as it gets driven to whatever trail I go on (PA 2x, Maine 2x, Canada 1x, top of Mt. Washington 1x, all over MA + southern NH, Moab UT 1x with more in the future)
Future mods include improving the emergency brakes (the one downfall of 8.8 disks), tweaking the front suspension (3 link or "Y" arm), and maybe get back to building that stroker motor that I've got parts scattered all over my garage for.

I started wheeling back in '89 with an '82 Subaru GL wagon (that even had factory low range!) Since then, I've owned an '83 CJ7, an '87 XJ, and coming up on SEVEN YEARS :D the Pile of Parts I drive now.

You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."