Wheeling in Nevada

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
mexgrizzly
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1983
Jeep Model: CJ8

Wheeling in Nevada

Unread post by mexgrizzly »

Pics from a trip I did this weekend near Fallon, NV. Primitive camping awesome. Didn't see anybody even though we were on a high point with no trees. Did some easy trails through canyons, running desert roads, and another canyon that had some fun obstacles. It was cool, there was the occasional old mine and mine camp that you could stop and check out. There were about 10 rigs on the run Toyotas, jeeps, side-by-side, and dirt bikes.

Campsite

Begin of trail

Mine

View from near the top of the ridge

Co-pilot

Desert road

Canyon Trail

For more photos:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... vel%20Run/
password: baystate1983

-Andy
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Wheeling in Nevada

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Great pics, Andy. The southwest is just an amazing place, if I could make a living out there I'd be there in a flash.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

Looks like it was a good time.... Glad to hear you didn't get stuck...

JW
smileyfish
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Unread post by smileyfish »

sweet, i would love to go back out in that general area again.
DDewar53

So that was up north, near Reno / Carson City? Pretty cool country up there. Down south in Death Valley is pretty cool too - you just have to be careful not to stray into Area 51.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

DDewar53 wrote:So that was up north, near Reno / Carson City? Pretty cool country up there. Down south in Death Valley is pretty cool too - you just have to be careful not to stray into Area 51.
Ever been to "the box" Don? :lol:

Awesome pics Andy! Glad to see Leroy is still at it too. ;)
DDewar53

Scott wrote:
Joke if you want, Scott, but those "security guards" out there are serious. People have dissappeared!

Robert A. Heinlein
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

DDewar53 wrote:
Scott wrote:
Joke if you want, Scott, but those "security guards" out there are serious. People have dissappeared!
When I was working as a contractor for the government I had the opportunity to for the MPs on base to take an interest in what I was working on on several occasions at Hanscomm AFB & Dyass AFB. It was not a fun time. MPs have no sense of humor and not a lot of technical education, so explaining what we were doing was.... difficult. Fortunately the guys I was with had previously talked to the head of security. Anyway... Can't imagine I'd want to mess with the MPs at a place where the entire place is actually considered classified.

JW
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

nostaw wrote:
DDewar53 wrote:
Scott wrote:
When I was working as a contractor for the government I had the opportunity to for the MPs on base to take an interest in what I was working on on several occasions at Hanscomm AFB & Dyass AFB. It was not a fun time. MPs have no sense of humor and not a lot of technical education, so explaining what we were doing was.... difficult. Fortunately the guys I was with had previously talked to the head of security. Anyway... Can't imagine I'd want to mess with the MPs at a place where the entire place is actually considered classified.

JW
I don't think Don is talking about "MP's" ;)
DDewar53

Scott wrote:
nostaw wrote:
DDewar53 wrote:
Scott wrote:

JW
I don't think Don is talking about "MP's" ;)
Actually, I'm not

Google "Cammo Dudes" and take a look at what comes up.

Robert A. Heinlein