Need an Armor Recommendation

MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Need an Armor Recommendation

Unread post by MattJ »

I've got armor on the rear shock mounts and front end of my front control arms (plus just about everywhere else). But it looks like I also need armor on the rear end of the front control arms. Does anyone have a recommendation or link they can send me? I'm wondering if there might actually be a bolt-on option that I can install myself since the back of the housing for the mount has two bolts that protrude from the rear end.

Or is this a spot that can just take lots of severe damage and not require armor? I just wanted to check because of that nightmare I had this summer with the bent front control arm bushing that sounded like the drivetrain was about to split apart until I figured out what it was.

Thanks!

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Re: Need an Armor Recommendation

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Best thing you can do is get rid of the correction brackets and get some adjustable lower control arms, that will keep them out of the rocks. The factory mounts should still be in good shape due to the correction brackets so you can use some weld on skids to help protect. The factory mounts are pretty flimsy, I ripped my passenger side mount off the frame this spring
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016

Re: Need an Armor Recommendation

Unread post by MattJ »

Thanks - I will definitely work on that.
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle