Good quality gear storage. Atlas 46

MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Good quality gear storage. Atlas 46

Unread post by MattJ »

Richl35 wrote:
MattJ wrote: Better too many than not enough!
Agreed. I've been working my way through Kurt's master list for nearly a year now, and lighting up Amazon.com like a pinball machine in the process. I added a serpentine belt, multimeter and those tiny transfer case cable bushings last month. I also have two large first aid kits and three different jacks and stands on board.

And thanks for taking the time to post pictures of your kit. I had them enlarged to jumbo size on my computer screen to study the pieces!

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

MattJ wrote:
Richl35 wrote:
MattJ wrote: Better too many than not enough!
Agreed. I've been working my way through Kurt's master list for nearly a year now, and lighting up Amazon.com like a pinball machine in the process. I added a serpentine belt, multimeter and those tiny transfer case cable bushings last month. I also have two large first aid kits and three different jacks and stands on board.

And thanks for taking the time to post pictures of your kit. I had them enlarged to jumbo size on my computer screen to study the pieces!

No problem.

I haven't seen Kurt's list? On the forum somewhere? I'd love to go through it.
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

Not sure where Kurt's list is on the forum, but I'm happy to share a copy of mine. I borrowed heavily from Kurt's list and several others.

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
JeepAddict
BSJ Member

Unread post by JeepAddict »

That's a pretty hefty kit. I'm not sure I carry as much but, do you have an air filter and a flare nut wrench for the brake bleeder screw? I have a Gatorade bottle with a 5/16 hose in the cap as a just in case. Cheap and easy set up.
Chrome? Never heard of it.
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

Thanks - I should have mentioned this is my master list of ALL my gear. I find it helpful to keep a paper list of everything that has piled up in the garage, otherwise I forget it's there. Then I just pick and choose what to bring and how to pack it for any particular trip. At the Fall Crawl, I ended up leaving some gear in my tent to save weight on the trail.
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

MattJ wrote:Thanks - I should have mentioned this is my master list of ALL my gear. I find it helpful to keep a paper list of everything that has piled up in the garage, otherwise I forget it's there. Then I just pick and choose what to bring and how to pack it for any particular trip. At the Fall Crawl, I ended up leaving some gear in my tent to save weight on the trail.

I saw your list at first and just made a mental note of all the items on it. Thought to myself... Holy Crap Kurt recommends A LOT of stuff! Then I got to reading it and realized I have most of it already and the list is just SUPER detailed! It does however highlight some things I need to add.

Thanks for posting. I'm going to use it as a template myself with some modifications.
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

No problem. I'm thinking at some point I might just resort to towing an extra Jeep behind me and throw the list away . . . ;)
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-