Fender upgrades

DuxJeep
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Fender upgrades

Unread post by DuxJeep »

Baystaters,

Awaiting delivery of Nemesis Ind billy rockers and planning on upgrading the fenders as well. Right now I'm leaning towards the following and would love feedback for those of you who have or are familiar!

Nemesis Notorious aluminum: https://www.nem-ind.com/products/jeep-w ... flare.html

Poison Spyder crusher standard width: http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Front-C ... 0-alum.htm

Crawler conceptz aluminum: http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.php/pr ... f-001.html

John
2014 Black JKU
Rockkrawler suspension with 37s
Richl35

Re: Fender upgrades

Unread post by Richl35 »

You may want to look at these if you like the PS flares. They are an absolute knock off of the Poison Spyder aluminum flares... And I mean absolute knockoff! Their instruction manual is page for page and picture for picture duplicate. They come all 4 flares powdercoated or bare for $750 if you search around and these also have all the inner bracing and structure that the PS flares have. We even threw them on the scale with a set of PS aluminums and they were the same weight. I'm not sure if PS licensed them out or what but the only difference I could find between the 2 were that PS uses 5/16 hardware and the BW flares had 8mm hardware.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Are they the same width as the stock fender flares? I've been looking at the Poison Spyder/EVO flares (Also the same, seemingly licensed product).
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

BlackKnight wrote:Are they the same width as the stock fender flares? I've been looking at the Poison Spyder/EVO flares (Also the same, seemingly licensed product).

I will take a couple measurements for you. I'm sure they aren't STOCK wide but they aren't like the narrow fenders that PS sells either. I believe they are the same as their standard width.
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

@BlackKnight here are a couple pics and measurements for you. Mind you I run 37 x 13.5 Nittos on a wheel with 4.5" backspacing.

Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

I bought a new fender once ! Worked just as well as the one i crushed :) FjR68
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

Frank wrote:I bought a new fender once ! Worked just as well as the one i crushed :) FjR68
Well there's your problem then.. You're not supposed to crush them!
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Richl35 wrote:
Frank wrote:I bought a new fender once ! Worked just as well as the one i crushed :) FjR68
Well there's your problem then.. You're not supposed to crush them!
You in the right club? I think fenders are the #1 casualty here haha
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Literally : one run , it had damage. Ive learned over the decade , dents and scratches prove the campfire stories ! FjR68
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

Frank wrote:Literally : one run , it had damage. Ive learned over the decade , dents and scratches prove the campfire stories ! FjR68
Then I have enough stories for many many campfires.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

That you do woman ! Ive never seen a Jeep so ------- rearranged soooooo many times in one year , and the owner just came back stronger . No whining , no tears , Just the shortest learning curve Ive ever seen . Let Me At it ! You go Girl ! FjR68
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

ImNotCassie wrote:
Frank wrote:Literally : one run , it had damage. Ive learned over the decade , dents and scratches prove the campfire stories ! FjR68
Then I have enough stories for many many campfires.
Haha.. I bet!