On the waitlist from Lexington MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
gwk
BSJ Trails Committee Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

On the waitlist from Lexington MA

Unread post by gwk »

Hi all,

When I started looking for a club I was put off by the waitlist and ended up joining another club (Patriot Jeepers). However, I had a great time at Brookridge on Saturday, where I especially appreciated all the help that the Baystate members guiding and supporting the green run provided -- I was winched, pulled, and spotted well, which made all the difference between a scary day and a fun day. So I'm on the waitlist and the forum, so that I can find out about open runs and hopefully join next year.

I have a new 2018 JLU Rubicon (note: the dropdown on the registration page doesn't have the JLs available, which is why my profile says JK). It's my first Jeep, and I have no offroad experience aside from a Class VI trip with Patriot last month and Saturday's outing. This pic is me bumpers-deep on my first time out.

It's currently bone stock, but I'm having some more armor put on soon (metalcloak skid system). My thought is that I'll learn better if I'm not so concerned about breaking stuff :-). Ultimately (probably next spring) I'll lift it at least a little and put 35s or maybe even 37s on it. Along the way I'll also pick up bumpers and a winch.

Thanks to the club for a great day Saturday!

Grant Kahn
Attachments
jeep for baystate upload.jpg
JeepAddict
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: On the waitlist from Lexington MA

Unread post by JeepAddict »

Hey Grant, it was good meeting you on Saturday. You did pretty well and the fact that you didn't freak out when you were scraping speaks volumes. Those were not super easy trails for a stock jeep and little experience. Everyone did a great job out there. Hope to see you again soon.

Gary ( the guy that was tail-gunning)
Chrome? Never heard of it.
gwk

Unread post by gwk »

Basically all the steel parts have scrape marks - frame, skids, nothing that shouldn't, I think - so I definitely broke it in!
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

gwk wrote:I have a new 2018 JLU Rubicon (note: the dropdown on the registration page doesn't have the JLs available, which is why my profile says JK).
Well that just won't do! I've updated the list to include JL's. You can change it in your profile settings.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Unread post by Richl35 »

Welcome to the forum and soon the club!

Everyone here has been super helpful on the rides I've been on. I also appreciate the experiance that the seasoned members are willing to share to help make me better. The waitlist is tough but well worth it in the end!
Wranglerguy78
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2017

Unread post by Wranglerguy78 »

Welcome Grant. I'm on the waitlist too. hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you and everyone else on the next open wheeling event or next year when I'm able to join officially.
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the forums, and keep your eyes peeled for stuff that is coming. Looks like your jeep and you already got your feet wet, but please be mindful about water crossings, they can quite often get you in trouble with DEP if they see you.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Grant , I did the same thing as you . Found this club online and met them (Kelly) , met up for a run , had a blast , and that was 14 years ago ! It just kinda grows on ya or it dont. Its all over me ! This club does an outstanding job of teaching , helping , doing. Its a lot easier to help a new person develop skills and their Jeep if questions are asked , and usually saves money and time by doing mods in the most useful order. Glad you had a good time , hope to meet you on a trail. Thats "Mona" in the avatar FjR68
gwk

OFF THE WAITLIST!!!

Unread post by gwk »

BSJ Member as of this weekend (woot!) -- sadly I'm booked through August with vacations, moving kids into school, Labor Day plans, but I'll be seeing y'all in September.
JeepAddict
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by JeepAddict »

Hey Grant congrats! See you in September...
Chrome? Never heard of it.
GoSlow

Unread post by GoSlow »

Hey Grant! It's Frank from the Saturday run. I sent you the video and had the other Granite JLU Rubi like yours. Welcome to the club, I just became a member the same weekend as you. I no longer have that Granite Jeep though. Traded it in for a 2 door JL Rubicon! See you on the trails!
Last edited by GoSlow on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

Congrats and WELCOME to the club!!