On the waiting list from Harvard, MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
jabyrne
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2010
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

On the waiting list from Harvard, MA

Unread post by jabyrne »

Looking to become a new member. Just filled out the form to be on the waiting list.

I've been wanting to try off roading for some time now. Just been way too busy, but now life has slowed a little bit it's time to finally do some off roading! I was inspired again by some recent off roading while on vacation in Arizona.

I have a stock 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. I Absolutely love Jeeps wouldn't want to drive anything else! I have both the soft top and hard top. I don't really now what mods I would like to make in the future. I would like to do more than just Class VI roads though, so would be looking for advice from folks if I ever get to join the club! Actually Im seriously considering trading in my 2010 for a 2018 sometime within the next year!

Never have belonged to any kind of off roading club before. Not sure if there's a way to try out a ride without being an official member?

Maybe someone could recommend another club I could try while waiting to join the Bay State Jeepsters??
I would love to get a couple of rides in this spring with a group.

John
Richl35

Re: On the waiting list from Harvard, MA

Unread post by Richl35 »

Hello John,
Welcome to the forum. Have a little patience. The waiting list is rough, I know first hand, but the club is full of great people and a ton of varying off road events for all skills and build levels. It's worth the wait.

There are some open rides listed on the forum. It is a good chance to meet a few members and get a little experience off road. You will have a better idea after that what you may want to do with your Jeep. Also look at events like Topless Day in Monson, MA. Typical attendance is in the 800 Jeep range with vendors, food, trail rides, etc...

Rich
Mikmaq
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Mikmaq »

Hello and welcome. Like Rich stated an open run is an opportunity. I did my first run yesterday and loved it!
Life is not a dress rehearsal.....
Alexmalo
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: J-Series Truck

Unread post by Alexmalo »

Hello and welcome (Patiently waiting as well) we will get there though.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Welcome...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars