You can talk about anything here
MtMan
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2017
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Places to Wheel This Weekend?

Unread post by MtMan »

Hello Forum Members,

I was wondering if there were any places to wheel this weekend in place of the Jeep 101. I am looking for a location that is basic and that would not be muddy due to the snow melt and rains. I have looked around and noticed that most public access locations are closed during the "mud" season to prevent unnecessary erosion and to protect the lands. Any ideas would be great. I would even be happy with a few fire roads...

Thanks,
MtMan
MtMan
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: Places to Wheel This Weekend?

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Hi Brad,

BSJ and most any other club does not recommend wheeling alone. Also, the 101 is not this weekend. It has been moved to the 15th. That is the only spot we would recommend for you to get your earliest and urgent dose of wheeling. It has been awfully wet and the reason it has been postponed. To wheel on trails as they currently are would not be following the guidelines of Tread Lightly or any responsible club. Patience is a virtue.
MtMan
Jeep Year: 2017

Unread post by MtMan »

Ralph,

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the reschedule of Jeep 101 but was just looking for a location to wheel that would not be in violation of the Tread Lightly guidelines. I had set aside the time and wanted to see if there was a location to consider going to with a few other people. If there is not, then so be it I will find a mod to do to my Jeep...

Thanks,
MtMan
MtMan
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Unlike NH with their class vi trails, MA really doesn't offer much, and even those trails in NH are usually closed typically till late May or June 1st due to either snow pack or rainy/muddy conditions.

I see your viewpoint now that you mentioned having the time set aside. I don't blame you for checking. Nothing worse than having the desire and time set aside to wheel and can't.

:eusa-pray: