New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
MtMan
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2017
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by MtMan »

Hello Baystate Jeepers,

I recently purchased my first Jeep after months and months of research and am now looking to learn more about how to safely drive it off-road. I have done some minor off-road driving in a stock Toyota Sequoia but only on fire roads and access roads. I am the proud owner of a 2017 Gobi Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I have done several modifications and have a list of future mods once I have some real driving experience.

My current mods include the following: 4" Mopar Lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires and ATX Rim, VPR Front with Smittybilt X20 10K Winch and ARB Intensity Lights, VPR Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, MetalCloak Fenders, MetalCloak Rock Rails, MetalCloak Rocker Exo-Skin, ARB On-Board Air Compressor, sPOD, and Rigid Dually Lights on the A-Pillar.

I am looking forward to learning from all of the member and learning new techniques for driving off-road. I have applied for and paid for my membership this evening and plan to attend the 101 event in a few weeks. I have attached an image of my Jeep as it stands today.
Jeep.jpg
Kind Regards,
MtMan (Brad)
MtMan
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Welcome Brad! Looks like you are off to an awesome start!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: New Member

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome aboard, Brad. Looks like an impressive start to your Jeep build. It's certainly ready for action. Just have to now get you feeling comfortable behind the wheel. You'll have plenty of opportunity for that with this year's schedule.

Looking forward to meeting you!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Brad . Hope to meet soon. Great start to your build. Do some research on the newer front axles like yours with big tires. There are weld in kits to keep them from bending as they have made them lighter over the years. It will help in the long run. Mine (avatar) Is a 74 , CJ5 and her name is Mona . Can you come out and play ? FjR68
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

welcome!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

welcome!, that is an impressive jeep, check out the schedule and get her on the trails, nothing beats seat time.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
MtMan
Jeep Year: 2017

Unread post by MtMan »

Frank wrote:Hey Brad . Hope to meet soon. Great start to your build. Do some research on the newer front axles like yours with big tires. There are weld in kits to keep them from bending as they have made them lighter over the years. It will help in the long run. Mine (avatar) Is a 74 , CJ5 and her name is Mona . Can you come out and play ? FjR68

Frank,

Thanks for the information. I have already installed/welded in "C" gussets on the front axle. I was thinking about going a step further with some additional support, but figured I would start with gussets. I look forward to getting our on the trail and meeting you and the other members.

Regards,
Brad
MtMan
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon