Recommended Dealership?

Tina
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Recommended Dealership?

Unread post by Tina »

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2012 Wrangler (43k miles) with a cylinder 2 misfire code. My local mechanic replaced the plugs and switched the coil to see if the misfire would follow. It didn't and he said that the cylinder head needs to be replaced. I read about the issue a bit online and it seems that is what others had to repair.

I have 4 months on my power train warranty; so, I'm going to bring it to a dealer. Does anyone care to recommend a dealer? I live in Ashburnham, MA. The Jeep dealer in Winchendon only has one mechanic and is not prepared to take on this kind of repair. Lahti's (in Leominster) is my next closest dealer.
Thanks,
Tina :sad:
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Re: Recommended Dealership?

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Dan's jeep in Westboro
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I had good luck and service from Acton Jeep. They have a huge service department and provided a rental car (yeah a car :( ) for the duration of my repair. Parts were back-ordered for my Jeep (national backorder) on the rebuilt steering box so they managed to get Jeep to pony up for a new box as well.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Tina

Unread post by Tina »

Thank you so much for your replies. I called Acton and spoke with Brian. He'll have a courtesy car for me and he seems helpful so far. I also told him that someone in the club recommended him (just in case it helps).
Yipjeep

Unread post by Yipjeep »

Glad to hear you found a shop to get this repaired. Chrysler didn't recall that year for the cylinder but they did extend the warranty for cylinder head. I had my 2012 cylinder head replaced about 2 years ago. Same misfire as yours.
Tina

Unread post by Tina »

Just FYI: Thanks again for your comments above. I brought my Jeep to Acton and everything went very well. They were very easy to work with and they also provided me with a courtesy rental car. Fortunately, the work was also covered under warranty; so, I'm happy to be back on the road in my Jeep.