Checking in and a Jeep Update!

You can talk about anything here
AaronPerry
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Checking in and a Jeep Update!

Unread post by AaronPerry »

Hey everyone!! So last March I had to unexpectedly go to Florida to take care of my dad who was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. Sadly he passed away in August. I came home for a little less then a month and it was off to go on tour to South America for about a month. Now I've been home about a month and half and just getting settled back in.

Anyway, a nice update coming to the JK!!

So she's in the shop right now getting:
37"x13.5" tires
Full Crawler Conceptz corner guards w/welded rear fenders
Crawler Concepts front fenders
Crawler Conceptz rocker skins
Rock hard rock sliders
Full EVO under body skid set
EVO Double D Pro suspension with King Coilover shocks
RCV shafts up front
G2 gold rear shafts
Front/Rear driveshafts
Removal of the snorkel
PSC Motorsports Extreme Duty Cylinder Hydro Assist Kit

And of course I just found out I have to travel on tour again from the end of May till the beginning of July!!! Prime Jeep time lol. Hopefully I'll be able to get out with you guys before and after though. If not this is one beastly mall crawler hahaha!!

Happy Holidays everyone and hope to get out on more than one run in 2017!!!!
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
4.56, 37" STT Pro on 17" Slabs, Evo Double D Pro, Evo front/rear bumper, aFe Hi-Tuck, RCV Front shafts, G2 gold rear shafts, EVO/Rockhard skids, Crawler Concepts corners/fenders, Rockhard sliders, Full Hydro Steering
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Checking in and a Jeep Update!

Unread post by Frank »

Yea on the snorkel ! Dam Dude , It would be a waist to let her sit all summer , I could help ya out if ya want me to keep her warm , I mean what are friends for :) FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Wow that sounds like a killer list of mods to her! A bit of a shame that you have to travel in the midst of prime jeep time, but I am sure there will be plenty of runs later in the summer for you to break her in on
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
AaronPerry

Frank wrote:Yea on the snorkel ! Dam Dude , It would be a waist to let her sit all summer , I could help ya out if ya want me to keep her warm , I mean what are friends for :) FjR68
Yeah it's a tree magnet on the JK. The one on my TJ was tucked in a little tighter but after one tiny run I realized how of a mistake it was putting that on lol. My initial thought was to build a JK clone of my TJ but quickly realized they are two different beasts. Esp when it comes to width. So adding some width with the snorkel was kind of dumb lol. Plus I love the look on the TJ and kind of didn't on the JK lol.
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
4.56, 37" STT Pro on 17" Slabs, Evo Double D Pro, Evo front/rear bumper, aFe Hi-Tuck, RCV Front shafts, G2 gold rear shafts, EVO/Rockhard skids, Crawler Concepts corners/fenders, Rockhard sliders, Full Hydro Steering
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I find fenders to be tree magnets for me. I have a hard time keeping them on. :lol:
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
AaronPerry

Which is why I went with shorty flat fenders. I must have went through half a dozen sets on my TJ lol. Damn those magnetic trees!!!
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

snowcrash wrote:Which is why I went with shorty flat fenders. I must have went through half a dozen sets on my TJ lol. Damn those magnetic trees!!!
Is this going to be street legal? Just asking because I'm looking for some nice fenders and I'm worried about tire coverage laws.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
AaronPerry

RandyCarol wrote:
snowcrash wrote:Which is why I went with shorty flat fenders. I must have went through half a dozen sets on my TJ lol. Damn those magnetic trees!!!
Is this going to be street legal? Just asking because I'm looking for some nice fenders and I'm worried about tire coverage laws.
Probably not. But I know a few people. And worse case senecio is I'll install some teraflex removable mud flaps or toss on my stock tires for inspection day. :liar:
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member

RandyCarol wrote:

This is under the resources section when you first get on the the BSJ site.

Tires that extend beyond the fender flare.
Larger-than-stock tires sometimes extend beyond the fender flares and our friendly inspection station attendant says that’s a no-no. People often end up putting stock tires on just to get it inspected and then put their real tires back on when they get home. This is silly, wouldn’t it make more sense for the inspection attendant to actually inspect the tires and wheels we drive on 364 days per year? Did you know that Massachusetts General Laws, Part I, Title XIV, Chapter 90, Section 19 actually allows our tires to extend beyond the fender flare?

“Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, no passenger motor vehicle shall be operated on any way if such vehicle has the side wall or thread of any tire projecting outward beyond the outer portion of the fender or side body panel, unless such vehicle is equipped with four-wheel drive or is otherwise modified and intended for off-the-way use.”

It is open to interpretation, but when I read it no fenders are ok. I always say do it until your told not to.
If my fenders come off again, and we all know there is a good chance of that, I'm just leaving them off.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
AaronPerry

She's finished!!!!!

-Aaron
14 Rubicon
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member

:music-rockout: Looks great!
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
AaronPerry

ImNotCassie wrote::music-rockout: Looks great!
Thanks!!!
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Are you serious... ?! SERIOUS?! It looks amazing. I'm very very jealous
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Dude, killer job! Looks like Eric did ya good. Cant wait to see her in person and watch her tame some trails.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Yipjeep

Unread post by Yipjeep »

Looks fantastic. Did you keep the mopar wheels?