New from Clinton

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New from Clinton

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Hi All,
Waving from Clinton. Justin, a member of BSJ, works with me and mentioned the club. I've been driving a "Jeep" since 2003, but that was a Grand Cherokee Limited. Moved into my current JKU in August of 2014, and haven't looked back since.

I'm driving a Commando Green JKU Sport. I haven't done much in the way of Mods for performance, just cosmetic. (Replaced rear bumper with an EVO Plate bumper (have the D-rings, but not installed) Plastidiped the grill and made custom grill inserts, Painted all the interior bezels to match the jeep color, and painted the engine cowl to color match also). I'm on a pretty tight budget, so the big ticket mods will be few and far between.

One thing that I'm doing with the Jeep is all my own work unless it's something totally outside my abilities, I'm mechanically inclined and learn fast, but I'm no mechanic. I don't have a garage, or even a truly flat spot on the driveway to do things, but can get away with doing most/all my fluids at the least for now. I have to find a set of tires pretty quick, as the ones I have on the JK are very close to bald (OEM with 58K on them).

Haven't done much in the offroading category, A couple fire trails are about it. For Camping, I was a BoyScout in my Very distant youth and was into Survival, Camping, Hiking Etc. Never made Eagle, but that's a story in itself.

Looking forward to maybe hanging out with you all, Maybe getting on the membership roles if spots open up this coming season.

Bob
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: New from Clinton

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Hi Justin,

If you're looking to getting into a club, you have come to the right spot. Our membership is currently closed as we are maxed out, but that may be changing this Saturday as our fall meeting is then and we are voting on raising our membership quota. Pretty certain it will be passed, so stay tuned.

Once a member, you'll find our members are very helpful. We also organize runs for all levels of expertise, or lack of it. Looking forward to meeting you.

Ralph
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

RalphTomaccio wrote:Hi Justin,
Oops, Justin is the guy that told me about you guys... I'm Bob, sorry I didn't make that clear... :)

He also mentioned the meetup tomorrow in Marlborough, and that there may be a vote to open up some more spots.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Bob :( No one admits to being from that town at least not till Dec ! :) Welcome and hope to meet ya at the meeting . FjR68
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

BlackKnight wrote:
RalphTomaccio wrote:Hi Justin,
Oops, Justin is the guy that told me about you guys... I'm Bob, sorry I didn't make that clear... :)

He also mentioned the meetup tomorrow in Marlborough, and that there may be a vote to open up some more spots.
Sorry, Bob! Should have had my reading glasses on.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

RalphTomaccio wrote:Sorry, Bob! Should have had my reading glasses on.
LOL, been there myself :)
--
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Welcome!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

welcome! Great group of folks here and you will certainly enjoy your time.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
jquader
Jeep Year: 2008

Unread post by jquader »

Just to add to the name confusion, I'm Jason. :doh:
BSJ Secretary 2019, 2013, 2012 - DOT 2015 - DOE 2017, 2016

I wonder what's on the other side.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

jquader wrote:Just to add to the name confusion, I'm Jason. :doh:
Ya, Bout that, sry...

My Nephew is Justin and that name always stick in my head. It may take a bit to straighten... :?
--