WK from Salem

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
HBP40
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: WK

WK from Salem

Unread post by HBP40 »

Hi All,

My name is Scott, I live in Salem MA right now, looking to finally join a Jeep club!

I attached a basic picture of my grocery-getter- cough - I mean Jeep. It's a 2007 WK grand cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi and QuadraDrive-II transfercase. It's AWD with a 4low-range and ELSDs in both axles. I've put together a lift from Rustys 2in lift springs, adjustable track bar and Bilstein shocks and struts. 285-70-17 Federal Couragia MT tires right now.

I hope to join the club as soon as I have solid tow points and a CB, which should be in a couple of weeks once I get the parts together. This thing is in desperate need of some skids and armor too, which is next on the list.

I used to wheel more when I was younger and didn't have this thing called a job. My first truck was an 88 Toyota pickup (toughest truck I've ever had), among others I had a 2001 TJ locked, long armed on 35s (thing was awesome). Also had a WJ for a little while (I got hit and totaled by a lifted TJ which was just salt in the wound). Looking to build something a little different with the WK.

Obviously the limiting factor for me is the IFS, but I've heard good things about the 4WD system in these things, so we'll see how it hold ups
Attachments
image1.JPG
Scott McNee
Grey Warden
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: WK from Salem

Unread post by Grey Warden »

HI Scott! Welcome! Being from Salem, have you ever met up with any of the Wicked Jeeps Ma Chapter folks? They usually meet up on Wednesdays near the Willows. I love Salem. :)
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome, Scott. You are going to like it here. A great bunch of people!
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Welcome Scott! Good to see you going a different rout with the WK! Looks like you'll need a couple bumpers and rocker protection pronto!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
95xj
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by 95xj »

Say...That's a nice Cherokee!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Its needs 4 doors to be a true grocery getter. You run what you brung and see how she does. We have all types in the club , mostly with live axles so this be interesting. Lets go play ! Got a camping / wheeling trip next month. Gives you time to send in the app. See ya round the camp fire ! FjR68
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Frank wrote:Its needs 4 doors to be a true grocery getter. You run what you brung and see how she does. We have all types in the club , mostly with live axles so this be interesting. Lets go play ! Got a camping / wheeling trip next month. Gives you time to send in the app. See ya round the camp fire ! FjR68
Umm, Frankie

It has 4 doors...
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
HBP40
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: WK

Unread post by HBP40 »

Haha, yep it's got 4 doors for sure, blame it on my lousy picture. I can't believe I've been missing a Salem Jeep meet 5 mins from my place! I'll have to weasel my may out of some Wednesday commitments to meet up over there.
Scott McNee