Hello from Sharon

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
joe_haviland
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Hello from Sharon

Unread post by joe_haviland »

Hey everyone, my name is Joe! Im from Sharon MA and im currently a student at UNH so my time is split the 2 states. Im interested in getting involved with BSJ. I bough a 03 wrangler sport a few months ago, so far ive lowered it, got smaller tires (i know, shocker :shock:), and a handful of interior simple driver comfort mods, nothing major. Ive been wheeling it very casually (not much time during the week) and im looking to get more involved with the off-road community! Im happy to answer question or have a conversation with any of you so fire away!
Attachments
12800298_10208929074085791_1750929237857149595_n.jpg
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Hello from Sharon

Unread post by Kurt »

Joe - welcome to the off-road community!
Nice looking TJ. We have several trail runs coming up if you're interested in hitting the trails.
If you're interested in joining you can do it on-line at our website at http://baystatejeepers.com/
Our required equipment list is short and I see you already have good front bumper and recovery points up front.
Hope you can join us!

Our next upcoming runs are:
Stocker Run - Southern, NH on June 4th
This will be an "easy" run and would be a good chance to see what we are about & meet some of the members

After that we have a weekend long Camping & Wheeling event on June 17-19 in S. NH. It will offer easier class 6 trails, intermediate trails, and crazy ones for the super modified. Something for everyone along with camping at the location.
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome, Joe. Hope you can join us soon as we have a lot to offer. One thing though, you're going in the wrong direction. It's LIFT the rig and get BIGGER tires, not lower and smaller!
joe_haviland

RalphTomaccio wrote:Welcome, Joe. Hope you can join us soon as we have a lot to offer. One thing though, you're going in the wrong direction. It's LIFT the rig and get BIGGER tires, not lower and smaller!
hahaha thats what all my friends told me as well! but a 5 inch lift and 35s was a big aggressive for me!! its also my daily driver so i wanted to tame it a bit, at least for now!
joe_haviland

Kurt wrote:Joe - welcome to the off-road community!
Nice looking TJ. We have several trail runs coming up if you're interested in hitting the trails.
If you're interested in joining you can do it on-line at our website at http://baystatejeepers.com/
Our required equipment list is short and I see you already have good front bumper and recovery points up front.
Hope you can join us!

Our next upcoming runs are:
Stocker Run - Southern, NH on June 4th
This will be an "easy" run and would be a good chance to see what we are about & meet some of the members

After that we have a weekend long Camping & Wheeling event on June 17-19 in S. NH. It will offer easier class 6 trails, intermediate trails, and crazy ones for the super modified. Something for everyone along with camping at the location.
thanks for the info! ill be sure to do that stuff asap! the Stocker run sounds awesome so hopefully i can get up there for it! other than the signing up and required gear, what do i need to do??
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

joe_haviland wrote:thanks for the info! ill be sure to do that stuff asap! the Stocker run sounds awesome so hopefully i can get up there for it! other than the signing up and required gear, what do i need to do??
Once you join BSJ, you will begin getting an eVite to our runs. You'll also have access to our members only section of the forum where you will receive notice and more details of what's going on in the club. Become active and ask questions and you'll learn a lot very quickly. We're here to help whenever we can.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Joe . What do you have for tire size now ? Did you replace yours springs or cut them ? Is it an auto or stick ? Got an Idea what axles and gear ratio you have ? Any lockers ? Dude :) spill the beans ! Join the club , Ill help you spend yer money . FjR68
joe_haviland

Frank wrote:Hey Joe . What do you have for tire size now ? Did you replace yours springs or cut them ? Is it an auto or stick ? Got an Idea what axles and gear ratio you have ? Any lockers ? Dude :) spill the beans ! Join the club , Ill help you spend yer money . FjR68
The tires are 33in now, capable but reasonable on roads. I replaced the springs because I actually sold the old lift and tires to a friend, so he needed them. It's automatic (only thing I really wanted and didn't get) all the axels and gears are factory stock. Someday when I have money to blow I'll rehear, but college is sucking up all my money currently!
Grey Warden
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Grey Warden »

Welcome, Joe! :)