Hi Jeepers

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
LoydBonifide
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Hi Jeepers

Unread post by LoydBonifide »

Keith from Derry, NH here. I just sent in an application, hoping to meet like minded people, get out to have fun and learn off road driving skills on some local trails, and learn about sensible upgrades. I have just purchased a new JK Sport, 2 door, manual trans. I bought it primarily to be a toad, so I am in the process of installing a baseplate, wiring, brake system, etc. to get it ready for flat towing. We hope to go to the desert southwest to some exploring.

Next mods will be some off road enhancements, I'm sure tires will be first. The jeep is also a daily driver, so I have to balance all these uses when thinking about upgrades. I'm sure your advice will be invaluable.

This is not my first jeep actually, I learned to drive on a 1953 CJ3B farm vehicle, and I owned a 57 Willys Jeep pickup with a flathead six cylinder in high school. Wish I still had that one!

Other than the JK, my other project is a 1976 AMC Gremlin. It's related to the Jeep you know :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Attachments
Jeep4.jpg
Gremlin.jpg
Keith Allen
2015 JK Sport, 2.5" lift, 33's, ARB air lockers, 4:56 gears
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Hi Jeepers

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Keith :) Welcome to the forum and the club. Lets start by sayin , you need to add an X to that Gremlin ! I test drove one of them and a Pacer-X. Man they are still wonders of some engineers nightmares. Looks like yours is in great condition. I ended up with a 69 Javelin and then a 70 AMX. Back to Jeeps , Mine is a 74 CJ-5 inline with 4 speed/300 twin sticked and a 4x1. 4.56s in both axles with auto lockers and 35" Crushers. Its just a blast and is my first ever Jeep. The balance thing is going to be the biggest hurdle . I going to assume its a 4door. The wheel base is going to be the hardest thing to get around without going taller to make room for tires and clearance. With a JK you do have big advantages in the way of design , it dont take a lot of lift to clear bigger tires. It will come down to how hard you want to wheel ,what you want to tow , and how far it is to work. Ask away , we have a lot of JKs in the club and some built and some being improved. Those guys will have the answers your looking for , what works , what fits ,whats next or first. Lets giter done , SPRING is coming ! FjR68
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Hi Keith, welcome to the forum & to the club. I drive an '09 2-door manual, and it's my DD. Currently, I'm running a 2.5" Teraflex short are lift with adjustable control arms in the back (factory fixed arms in front). 35" Toyo Open Country AT II tires - I just love Toyos. We put a set of 33's on my grandaughter's '07 X Unlimited and didn't balance them - no issues, no vibes. Great tires. Back to my Jeep - 4.56 gears with OX lockers front and rear, Ten Factory alloy axle shafts front & rear, and Tom Woods driveshafts. I'm ready to go back to Moab any time, and that Jeep I'd be fine driving it.

Good luck with your build, and we'll see you on the trails!
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome! Just wait till Spring. You're in for a fun time with great people.
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Welcomeeee!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary