Nader & Windy

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: Nader & Windy

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Spudcannons wrote:Welcome! Just because it's your daily driver doesn't limit the mods! There are quite a few people running coilovers, 40" tires, beadlocks, stingers, LS and hemi engine swaps ect, that daily drive their rigs. My daily driver is modded a tiny bit and is on 35s with beadlocks, custom axles, 4" long arm lift ect. It actually drives better than stock.

I have been wheeling for a long time now and know very few people running coilovers or 40s especially on a DD and nobody I know locally has a LS swap. that's all stuff you see in magazines. Most people don't need any of that.

I run 35s with beadlocks with longarms but it took a few years to get to the point where I was built that way. Quite a few members run stock axles with a budget boost light armor and do very well.

Nader get out on the trail with what you have. the best first upgrade if you don't have it is rocker protection and improved skid plates. The stock factory tires are the next thing to upgrade and will make the biggest difference. You need seat time before you get out and start doing crazy upgrades to your rig. A budget boost will be cheap and easy to install as well. Oh and welcome to the forum! :)
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Nader
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Nader »

Voodoo Chile wrote:
Spudcannons wrote:Welcome! Just because it's your daily driver doesn't limit the mods! There are quite a few people running coilovers, 40" tires, beadlocks, stingers, LS and hemi engine swaps ect, that daily drive their rigs. My daily driver is modded a tiny bit and is on 35s with beadlocks, custom axles, 4" long arm lift ect. It actually drives better than stock.

I have been wheeling for a long time now and know very few people running coilovers or 40s especially on a DD and nobody I know locally has a LS swap. that's all stuff you see in magazines. Most people don't need any of that.

I run 35s with beadlocks with longarms but it took a few years to get to the point where I was built that way. Quite a few members run stock axles with a budget boost light armor and do very well.

Nader get out on the trail with what you have. the best first upgrade if you don't have it is rocker protection and improved skid plates. The stock factory tires are the next thing to upgrade and will make the biggest difference. You need seat time before you get out and start doing crazy upgrades to your rig. A budget boost will be cheap and easy to install as well. Oh and welcome to the forum! :)
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and I really like your suggested upgrades. I got the willys trim which comes with a decent set of tires (Goodrich TA from rubicon) and skid plates but no rocker protection. What are your thoughts on Mopar stuff in jeep catalog ? Do they worth the money ?
Last edited by Nader on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

As for rocker protection, there are a lot of guys who take their Rubi rails off for another company's sliders. You can usually get them as "take-offs" for $150 or less and they are practically new. That's how I got mine and it was the best $150 I've spent. Saved me many times. Look for them in the For Sale section on the various Jeep forms and, of course, Craigslist.
Spudcannons
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Spudcannons »

Nader get out on the trail with what you have. the best first upgrade if you don't have it is rocker protection and improved skid plates. The stock factory tires are the next thing to upgrade and will make the biggest difference. You need seat time before you get out and start doing crazy upgrades to your rig. A budget boost will be cheap and easy to install as well. Oh and welcome to the forum! :)[/quote]

Definitely get the rocker protection. I was lazy and didn't weld mine up for a run and got a couple scars from it. EVO makes a great set of weld on sliders that can take about anything, and look sweet doing it too. They also stiffen the frame up.

Several people I am going to Rausch Creek with in august have coil overs. And I am doing an LSX or Cunnins swap when my warranty runs out, so then I guess you will know one! :dance:
JKU Commando- I've tinkered with her a tiny bit.
Nader

Unread post by Nader »

Happy Friday everyone !

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to some of your comments and suggestions, it was a crazy week ... We are gonna give our jeep a good warm up run in OFR this weekend :banana-guitar: We are planning to show up on Saturday morning and here is our gear check list :

Please let us know if we are missing anything:

- O|||||||O
- Recovery strap
- CB Radio (Handheld)
- Tire inflator, spare tire and jack
- Fire Extinguisher (ABC)
- Cooler full of yummies
- Tent, grill and chairs
- Bug spary
- cool shades and boots 8-)

It would be great if we could leave some the camping stuff at a camp site before hitting the trail but I don't know how that would work ... Should we take the doors and roof off ? Is anybody camping there tonight (Friday Night) ? I haven't met any body from this club yet so please drop a line here or @ 413 378 7021 if you are attending.
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

Nader wrote:...Please let us know if we are missing anything:
A couple of other required items:
- Full size spare tire (I assume you have one)
- First Aid Kit (doesn't need to be a huge one)

Dave Horte (IronTortoise) will be your trail leader and will be setting up camp Friday in site #36.
He has a OD Green Jeep YJ with an exo-cage on it.
IronTortoise wrote:I am in and will be leading the group. I booked a campsite at Savoy Mountain State forest. (Book thru http://www.reserveamerica.com ) I have camp site #36 and will be arriving Friday afternoon to set up camp. This is always one of my favorite runs. Anyone else who is attending please post up here.
See.. http://www.baystatejeepers.com/forum/vi ... =18&t=4312

Have fun! :)
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Nader

Unread post by Nader »

Thank you Kurt for the quick response and sending the link to the right thread.

As for the other items
A couple of other required items:
- Full size spare tire (I assume you have one)
- First Aid Kit (doesn't need to be a huge one)
They are both in place, I just forgot to mention it ;)

Looking froward to meet the rest of you guys during the upcoming events ... Have a great weekend everyone :music-rockout:
Nader

Unread post by Nader »

Thanks to Dave, Hillary, Eric and lou we made it through our first run in one piece and I just uploaded the first video on YouTube :

And there are some pics on my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/kavandi.nader

I'll be uploading more videos and pictures as soon as I can take a break from weekdays rush.
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Nice video!! Post some of the photos or share them on our FB page then I can re-share as BSJ

https://www.facebook.com/BaystateJeepers
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Welcome Nader & Windy . There will be runs for you coming soon. Most of the trails have go arounds for the tougher spots , if not usually another group will do class 6 roads near by. Every one is a nubie at one time or another. As for mods , dont look now --- there just around the corner ! Ralph came to a run with us and drove as far as he felt he should . Parked it and rode shotgun and later we came back for his rig. Even talked him into tryin a small ledge he was sure he couldnt do. Then the smiles came ! Oh , and so did some mods. Welcome again cant wait to meet ya on a trail. FjR68
95xj
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Re: Wrangler death wobbles

Unread post by 95xj »

I was driving home from Maine on 495 last week and saw the most violent example of the "death wobbles" on a new JK. He and his jeep survived!
From what I observed the jeep was on 35's and had new long arms with a 3-4 inch lift. Most likely he did not get the geometry right on the arm lengths. New guys beware!

Thats it! See ya @ Rausch!