New from Berkley

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
bookem
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New from Berkley

Unread post by bookem »

Image2015-05-02 12.16.50 by bookem68, on Flickr

New here from Berkley, MA. Just bought a 2007 Sahara unlimited. It is currently stock, but does have the 32" sra's, 4.10 gears with 6sp manual. I really want to keep the suspension as close to stock height as possible, this is my DD and I still need to get the wife and kids in it easily. I plan on going 33" general grabber 2's in the fall and probably some form of rocker protection with step. I used to have a 1989 yj with 4" lift and 33's . It's been too long without a jeep, and now that the kids are older and they make a 4 door, the wife approved! Just looking for a club so I can get back into the woods, and maybe bring the kids sometimes! If anyone goes out to Sandy Neck beach, maybe I'll see you out there this summer.
RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New from Berkley

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome!

If you're "looking for a club", you needn't look any further. You found the best and most helpful group of Jeep people out there. And, we're family friendly.

Looking forward to meeting you on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Bookem Dano ! Ditto on what he said. I found this club 11 years ago and still the best people ever. My two boys were 9 & 11 and grew up here. Just cant say enough about this club. Hope to see you on a trail. The membership form is right here on the site. Fill it out , mail it in , receive your packet and pick which place you want to break her in . FjR68
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Welcome! That sounds like a good plan for the JK! I have the grabber at2s and they do well enough, but are lacking in mud and quickly become slicks. They do well everywhere else though. Protection is a good plan, protect your investment!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly