Thursday 10/11 NH run

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ArticRubi
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Thursday 10/11 NH run

Unread post by ArticRubi »

Ran Southwest NH yesterday. Really want to get out here with the iPad and map these trails thoroughly, spent 6 hours on the property and I doubt I saw 1/4 of what's out there. I just download Backcountry Navigator; its pretty cool, it has a "breadcrumb" function that uses GPS to track your movements and overlay them on a topo map. It could be a pretty cool tool to use for mapping the trail systems we do.

Anyway, here's a few pics from the run...most of them being "poser" shots...stopping mid-way through the obstacle so I could get out and snap a pic :D

Enjoy...

Ok...this is a REAL poser shot...big rock, I couldn't resist 8-)

Last edited by ArticRubi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Thursday 10/11 NH run

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

There are maps of that area on the NEA site.

Be careful where you go in there. I believe some areas require stickers or LMFT passes. Not really sure. I haven't seen any updates in the NEA site in a while.

Nice day to wheel though.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
ArticRubi

ZAEDOCK wrote:There are maps of that area on the NEA site.

Be careful where you go in there. I believe some areas require stickers or LMFT passes. Not really sure. I haven't seen any updates in the NEA site in a while.

Nice day to wheel though.
It's all public access through public roads...general rule of thumb: don't be a dick about it. Lots of guys hauling ass through the residential areas, being loud, littering, ect has pissed people off. I want to find the Rt. 32 entrance, the guys from CCJC say it's much less likely to ruffle the local's feathers.

As far as the NEA maps go...they're ok, but the one I've seen are far from a complete map of the trail system that's there. Actually looks more like someone just sketched it on a piece of paper. Back Country Nav is a really cool program. Actually switching to another called Path Away. It records your trip, with or with out cell service, and will even allow you to use the navigation function to retrace the routes you record. Also, the routes you record are shareable. I just think it would be a great function to really get some of the larger trail systems logged with a precise GPS system.
schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by schwalby »

Did you get a day pass when you went out?
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I would strongly advise against going into this property on the assumption that its public land and open to all. this property is currently in some upheaval and we may loose it.
Duncan not sure what kind of access you have to the NEA but they are taking a very cautioned approach to this property now as a snowmobile group LMTF is threatening to close the place to all 4x4s.

http://forum.nea4wd.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4866

Its looking like anyone that wants to run the property MAY need to register with LMTF and get a day pass....
some details from the NEA forum for those that may not be able to get into the above thread below....
high country cruiser wrote:Hello everyone,
Justin and I are in direct contact w/ Todd and Sean of the LMFT.
Please let us clarify the rules,
#1 IF YOU PURCHASE A GREEN LMFT STICKER IT IS GOOD FOR ONE YEAR, BUT YOU WILL STILL NEDD THE "DAY PASS" TO USE THE PROPERTY
#2 THE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP IS GOOD FOR 1 YEAR ,YOU WILL NEED THE DAY PASS TO USE THE PROPERTY
#3 YOU CAN PRINT THE DAY PASS BY "JUST JOINING THE SITE" NO MEMBERSHIP OR DUES REQUIRED (I TESTED IT)
#4 TODD WILL WORK W/ US FOR "GROUP RUNS" HE WANTS THE DATES AND THE AMOUNT OF RIGS ON THE PROPERTY

There seems to be a little confusion still, he wants the NH OHRV sticker on "our rigs", but I still disagree w/ that.
see link: http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/OHRV/ohrv.htm
Lets keep a positive attitude going foward and "all work together" until we resolve the remaining issues! :up:

Rick Smith/Justin Dunn
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
nhdcoye
BSJ Member

Unread post by nhdcoye »

For those wondering what or who "LMTF" is ......
http://littlemonadnockfamilytrails.com/
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids
ArticRubi

Didn't know anything about the day passes. Signage definitely isn't anything in the ball park of prohibiting use but I'll go through the right channels in the future, it's a great property.
schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by schwalby »

Did you go out with a club?
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
ArticRubi

Nah, I was solo
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Never go solo!

HAHAHA

You're OK man. This area sucks as the who-can-use-what-where is not apparent. I just didn't want you to get a ticket or something.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005