Baystate "snow run" 3/6/10 pictures

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Baystate "snow run" 3/6/10 pictures

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

well I had a blast yesterday. A big thanks to Joe and Kurt for lead and gunner duty as well as for helping reassemble my coil spring and finding a nut for my shock so I could finsh the day after my combined hill and tree climb :lol: As many of you know Joe rolled going up a ledge yesteday but he and Alex were fine and amazingly his beast of a YJ fired right up and he drove it the rest of the day minus a rear window. A great recovery by all involved and overall a fun trail ride. I dont think there was too much other carnage aside form a bunch of wood stuck in rims from the last small loop, wesley loosing a bit more of his gas tank skid which wasnt longed for the world much longer any way. A few dings and a bit less capacity on Opies tank too, but all and all I think we all went home happy to have a good day wheeling. here are some of my pics on the day.
may I check your oil sir? :)
this is how high I climbed the tree knocking my spring out. :shock:
A total of 60 something pics here ...
http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 ... 003062010/
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
smileyfish
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Re: Baystate "snow run" 3/6/10 pictures

Unread post by smileyfish »

nice pics, wish i could have been there, it would have been a better day then the funeral i was at.
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Jeff kind of summed it up, it was overall a great day, with a few setbacks thrown in but we all ended up OK. Until we left. :( Paul was driving my XJ and pulled over when he heard some noises. Turned out those noises were a missing cap on a wheel u-joint that was replaced last week. Not sure how it happened but I'm going out on a 'limb' here and guessing it had something to do with the very last loop, when lumber worked its way into the beads on 7 of 8 tires on my TJ and XJ. Sounds crazy but all I can think is somehow the clip got dislodged, cause I put about 200 highway miles on the XJ since that joint was replaced and it was OK.

Anyway, a call to AAA and it's back home and we all good. Here's a few pics with LOTS more under the link http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq33 ... =slideshow

Last edited by Carl McFly on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
SidewaysTim
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

Don't worry Wes, I haven't forgotten about the gastank skid. I'll have it at the meeting on 3/20 (but it couldn't hurt to remind me via PM on 3/19)
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Marky »

Oh no!

Wait! There's a hand!

Here he comes!

Yay!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
wesley4x4
Jeep Year: 1999
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by wesley4x4 »

jpcamb wrote: wesley loosing a bit more of his gas tank skid which wasnt longed for the world much longer any way.
lol looked at the damage for my rig and lost my sway bar (but hey it least it gives me an excuse to buy quick disconnects :)) and everything i bent back into place on that gas skid went right back to where it was... but so far no leaking and everything else looks diesel :P
fortyfour wrote: Don't worry Wes, I haven't forgotten about the gastank skid. I'll have it at the meeting on 3/20 (but it couldn't hurt to remind me via PM on 3/19)
sweet will do, i think i can officially say.. i no longer have a gas skid :P just one big patch of rust ;)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Haters, they don't have 4 bangers, and aren't JDM like me!