NEA Snow Run Pics

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

NEA Snow Run Pics

Unread post by Kurt »

A few shots from the NEA SNow Run today.
These are from our "hard" group that did W.W. 8-)

A bit slippery out there today. A couple of others got some pucker factor here but made it thru OK.
Me included!
This guy.... not so lucky

Hello.... Giant Auto Glass....

"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
beaker
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: NEA Snow Run Pics

Unread post by beaker »

Ooof!

I suppose that's the biggest problem with XJs; at least TJs/YJs/JKs/CJs etc can at least replace the windshield frame & hood rather easily; I don't dare think what work it takes to buff that out!

Our moderate group had a fairly easy time, and got visited by several horses along the way, who appreciated our running the class six roads, as it packed down the snow and made for better riding for them. :) A win/win.

-mike
Eve
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2001

Unread post by Eve »

beaker wrote:Our moderate group had a fairly easy time, and got visited by several horses along the way, who appreciated our running the class six roads, as it packed down the snow and made for better riding for them. :) A win/win.
It did go well and there were lots of laughs! The horses were great - only problem was one of them seemed to be a big fan of Doritos and tried to eat my thumb!! :o

Kurt, we looked for you at the dinner - where'd you go?
Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music.
Captian Carnage
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

beaker wrote:Ooof!

I suppose that's the biggest problem with XJs; at least TJs/YJs/JKs/CJs etc can at least replace the windshield frame & hood rather easily; I don't dare think what work it takes to buff that out!

-mike
The biggest problem is knowing the limits of a XJ LOL

I forgot my cam at home today all I got was 1 pic of the Xj upside down I found out at 2 psi in back + 3 psi in ft works great awesome traction it put down a 15 in foot print in the snow I love the Iroks I still want to try 0 psi but need deep snow for that
Kurt
BSJ Member

Unread post by Kurt »

Eve wrote: Kurt, we looked for you at the dinner - where'd you go?
Long story... :x
2.5 of us got back to the meeting spot around 2 PM expecting to find the rest of our group.
Not here...
Waited a while at the meeting spot for our main group to show up.
Nothing...
Got tired of waiting, loaded up and headed home.

Eve wrote:... The horses were great - only problem was one of them seemed to be a big fan of Doritos and tried to eat my thumb!! :o
Gotta feed them with with the treat laying in the palm of a flat open hand with fingers together.

BTW - Your cookies were a hit with our group and my family when I got home. Thx! :D
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Eve

Unread post by Eve »

Kurt wrote:
Eve wrote: Kurt, we looked for you at the dinner - where'd you go?
Long story... :x
2.5 of us got back to the meeting spot around 2 PM expecting to find the rest of our group.
Not here...
Waited a while at the meeting spot for our main group to show up.
Nothing...
Got tired of waiting, loaded up and headed home.
Knew something was up!! I'll mail you those checks.

Eve wrote:... The horses were great - only problem was one of them seemed to be a big fan of Doritos and tried to eat my thumb!! :o
Gotta feed them with with the treat laying in the palm of a flat open hand with fingers together.

BTW - Your cookies were a hit with our group and my family when I got home. Thx! :D[/quote]

Killer was I knew that with the horses. I got side-tracked (surprise, surprise!!) and next thing I knew I was rescuing my thumb - the horse was good about it though, I just looked him in the eyes, told him I needed it and he gave it back. :D

Glad you liked them!
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Hey Kurt, FOUND MY PLATE!!!!

One of the guys picked it up and passed it on to someone who met at the Church hall for dinner. Welding up a METAL mount today.

Phew!
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Kurt
BSJ Member

Unread post by Kurt »

ZAEDOCK wrote:Hey Kurt, FOUND MY PLATE!!!!

One of the guys picked it up and passed it on to someone who met at the Church hall for dinner. Welding up a METAL mount today.

Phew!
YEAH! :P

Beats having to file for a new one with the RMV!
I lost one at RC last summer off my YJ.
Never found. Had to buy a replacement :x
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Here are a few pics from one of the moderate groups. Carl took a lot of video, a good day very minor carnage on our run; Pat lost a valve stem, a Lexus blew out a rim on an obstacle and i think that was it. Eve did great and we also ran with Ryan and MightMeglet and fluffy(Ryan) from FTR, Jay did a great job as trail lead helping out along with Joe on a few trail repairs as well. A fun day for sure! My new dogs also really enjoyed being along for the ride. :) Just one question why does my heep get so muddy every time I do a snow run? ;)
29 pics here..
http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 ... un%202010/
Last edited by Hoodoo Man on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by ChrisD »

The big question that everyone would like to know the answer to..... did the new locker help??? Eve ??? Jeff???
smileyfish
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Unread post by smileyfish »

i heard you had your flip flops on eve, with nylons. glad you all had a good time, pics look cool.
Eve

Unread post by Eve »

Flip flops, me.... wow - new travels... doesn't show that I'm ready for spring does it??

Chris, as far as the locker goes, I really don't know.... since it was a snow run and there wasn't that much snow they weren't all that challenging. I think I held my own so maybe.... I think the real test comes in the spring when I test it out on some of the trails we did in the fall!
Hoodoo Man

Chris wrote:The big question that everyone would like to know the answer to..... did the new locker help??? Eve ??? Jeff???
I talked with Eve about this. Eve and I did a snow run together in December. I cant say I saw a huge difference in the preformance of my jeep from this run to last run without the locker. I got hung up on a hill climb with an obstacale that I imagine would have hung me up without the locker given I didnt have enough momentum going into it. A few other people got stuck the same spot, a few drove right over it (one detonated a rim.)- sillly hobbit :lol: .... I suspect a few people didnt have lockers and I know Ryan didnt even use his going up this particular climb. Im sure the locker helped but its not a magic bullet that will get you thru anything. Eve didnt see a huge differnce aside from the quirkiness of having a locker in the rear. Im sure she can say more. Would I still put a locker in the front again, yes as Im sure it wont hurt to have it. I do have a locker in the rear but as its a D35 i'm afraid of grenading it. Rather wait for my d44 or 8.8 for having the rear locked as well.... then again if Eve continues to beat hers like a rented mule and is OK I may wire it up. :D
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Eve

Unread post by Eve »

jpcamb wrote:
Chris wrote:The big question that everyone would like to know the answer to..... did the new locker help??? Eve ??? Jeff???
then again if Eve continues to beat hers like a rented mule and is OK I may wire it up. :D
Heeyyyyyy, what exactly are you sayin'?? Just cuz I made it up the hill... lol
:mrgreen:

Oh and for the record... still say I could've made it w/out that locker

hee, hee!
Hoodoo Man

Eve wrote:
jpcamb wrote:
then again if Eve continues to beat hers like a rented mule and is OK I may wire it up. :D
Heeyyyyyy, what exactly are you sayin'?? Just cuz I made it up the hill... lol
:mrgreen:

Oh and for the record... still say I could've made it w/out that locker

hee, hee!
Well If im not mistaken once again those tires were smoking going over that last obstacle. :shock: and yes Im :mrgreen:
1970 Jeepster- stock