Im back from the dark ages

You can talk about anything here
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Wow ! We got hammered. At this time 86% of Enfield is still without power. We got it bac 20 min ago. I will respond to the inquiries , thanks for the hits. All is well on the home front. Our Generator powered ours, and my two neighbors had an extension cord run and I rewired the boilers To a chopped cord and told them ONE item at a time and if they poped the breaker it would stay off. Heat,Fridge,lights,and the big one T.V. till we lost that. It good to be back on line. FjR68
ChrisD
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ChrisD »

Glad to hear that you are ok and back online! How much snow did you get?
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Im back from the dark ages

Unread post by Frank »

About 11" It wasnt the depth it was the destruction. About two hours into the storm we lost a 130 ft. oak alot of my wifes fancy dwarf trees , I guess they are trees. My neighbors maple crashed the whole right side of my work van, The side doors are tricky to opp but it drives. Our young tech totaled his van and the big part is he wasnt on Co. time ! Our yard at work is the only oil Co. with a yard Gen. So we can still opp. All the emergency people are refering us to cust. that are with another Co. So 10-12 hr. days are just the norm. This morning the news guy said not till next week for some. This state is destroyed ! Well off to work. See ya Guys. FjR68
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

Frankie - Great to hear you are back on the grid. :smile:

No power in my neck of town yet :sad:
Day 6 of running the generator.
Telephone poles and lines down just down the street from me.
14" of snow wreaked havoc on the trees out our way.
No sign of the power company yet either....
:whistle:
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Hi Frank! Welcome back.

We still have no power. Don't know the numbers, but I would say most of Sturbridge, Brimfield, Holland, etc is still without. Kids have another day off.

My neighbor lost a huge maple too. I should be cutting it up this weekend. The local tree co's have been on my street, but there are power lines everywhere.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

My sister is a Civil Engineer (PE), and a member of the CT national guard... I think she's been on duty all week.

Power line workers are in our neighborhood trying to figure out what is wrong right now...Said it is either an underground wire or a bad transformer. Hope power will be back sometime today!

JW
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Had a "discussion" with a coworker who was complaining about how long they've been without power. All the crews I've seen have been busting their bums. Doo dee happens, and as far as I'm concerned if it takes a week, it takes a week. Christ, I can't even clean my yard in a week and some people expect instant service with millions without power.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ChrisD »

That is the truth!!
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

ZAEDOCK wrote:Had a "discussion" with a coworker who was complaining about how long they've been without power. All the crews I've seen have been busting their bums. Doo dee happens, and as far as I'm concerned if it takes a week, it takes a week. Christ, I can't even clean my yard in a week and some people expect instant service with millions without power.
I think most people are angry about the fact that 10-15 years ago the power company's stopped trimming trees around the lines to cut costs. I remember clearly when they came to one of our selectman's meetings bout 10 years ago and explained all this. Some people were happy they were going to stop "destroying" the trees, most were concerned about something like this storm happening.

The linemen are doing their bests, to bad they have to work for a cheap, greedy company. <--(I almost sound like a damn occupier lol)
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

Got power back at 5:30pm, just when I got home from work... An underground wire blew a couple houses over from me. They've worked around it and will fix it "later".

JW