DWE loses a long time member

You can talk about anything here
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

DWE loses a long time member

Unread post by DOUG »

An email from Ryan Frost, DWE President...

Hello all.

For those that dont know, DWE lost a member this week. russ cook passed away on tues morning after a long battle with cancer. his memorial service is this sunday. i encourage everyone in the club to go and support michelle and rusty during these hard times.Russ was a great club member and helped out with club affairs and trail cuts at every chance possible

From Russ' wife Michelle,
The Service for my loving husband will be this Sunday June 12 at 4pm at the Portsmouth Seventh Day Adventist Church.

Michele Cook asks In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Rusty Cook?s college fund by mailing a check to Khrissy Harris, 32 Logging Hill Road, Bow NH 03304. Please make checks payable to ?Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC.?..

On saturday russ' son rusty is biking for cancer.

Dear Family & Friends thank you for your love, prayers, thoughts, and support. One thing that you can do for us if you available is to attend Rusty's Ride this Saturday. He said today that he still wants to do the ride. I would love to have as many people there cheering him on, telling him how proud you are of him, how much he is loved etc... It would love to have as many of you there as possible.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... 22&h=d7eb8

i hope to see everyone this weekend. please support a fellow club members family! russ was a great guy.

frosty

I had an opportunity to wheel with Russ back in April at the Frost Homestead, watching Russ wheel and make trail repairs on his rig (complete with O2 bottle by his side).
Truly an inspiration to those who knew him, Russ will be greatly missed.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
SidewaysTim
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: DWE loses a long time member

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

I'm going to try to make it on Sunday. I only met Russ a couple of times, the first being last year when a bunch of people from NEOW volunteered to build him a roll cage for his Cherokee so that he could feel safe while trying to create some lasting memories for his son. He seemed like the salt of the Earth type of guy that would go out of his way for anyone. I know he'll be missed.
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: DWE loses a long time member

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Sorry for your loss Doug, sounds like a great guy. :(
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..