Central MA tornados

You can talk about anything here
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Central MA tornados

Unread post by Modeler »

Everyone OK out in that area? Anyone heard from Joe, Pat and anybody else?
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Central MA tornados

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Guys - can't talk long. I have the net connected to a power inverter.

We had a couple of tornadoes touch down. Saw the swirl clouds. Everyone is ok and in the basement.

The weather said another one might be heading in. I'll check in as soon as I can.

Talk soon guys! and thanks!
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
johnsxj
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by johnsxj »

Joe, keep low and be safe out there!!!!!
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Springfield , Ma. got ripped ! About 7 Mi. We got the wind and rain. They caught it on one of those cameras on a building that watch the traffic. Wild evening so far. FjR68
midniteryder
Jeep Model: KK Liberty

Unread post by midniteryder »

Things are getting creepy here on the South Shore (KIngston, Ma.) Lots of lightning and windy. N.W.S. has tornado watch for Plymouth & Bristol Counties until 11pm tonight. Our commuter line on way home was packed with so many folks leaving work early. :-o
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Be safe guys! Hope all is well in the a.m.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

Glad everyone is OK. I was talking to my brother in Sturbridge as a third cell was heading in. Absolutely crazy out there.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

PHEW!!!!!!

Power's back on (for now). The rain and hail (1"+) were insane!

The first touchdown happened about 5:15. Angie, Alex, and I were driving home on Rt 20 (into the storm) from picking up a popup camper we bought. The wind nearly pushed me off the road and driving through the hail scared the doo dee out of us.

When we made it home, Michaela was in the basement and Angie's sister and kids had listened to the weather and stopped by to be with her before it hit.

The second tornado came in about 7:30. We were ready and all the kids were in the basement. My sister in law and I were outside the basement door and saw the swirl cloud form. The lightening was nuts and the hair on the back of my neck went straight up. We saw a transformer on a pole blow up too! We ran for the basement as the trees all around looked like they were folding in half.
As it turns out, the tornado touched down 1/2 mile from the house! PHEW!!!!!

We had one more storm come through before we headed out to check on our neighbors and friends. Here are a couple pictures from the street where the tornado touched down.

This level of damage goes on for about 1/4 mile up the street. It's going to be a BIG cleanup.

Thanks again for checking out for me and Pat. I'm positive that Southbridge came out unscathed, so Pat should be OK too. I'm looking forward to getting some restful sleep.

G'night guys.
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

glad to hear you and the family are OK! I was working in CT today and a guy I was working with, lives in Springfield. He was getting alerts on his phone when he heard about the first one. He called home, and his wife said she saw it, it missed their house by one block! Driving home tonight, I'm heading up 84 in Sturbridge when I hear there's one in the area :shock: Lil while later, driving through Woostah, I hear there might be another one :pray: Never been so happy to get home!
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Carl McFly wrote:I'm heading up 84 in Sturbridge when I hear there's one in the area :shock:
It crossed Rt84 both times! Jeebus man.
Widow Maker
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by Widow Maker »

So happy to hear everyone is OK! Recognized all those towns from when we drive through to go wheeling.

Storm blew threw Kingston/Plymouth last night around 10PM - lasted all of 20 minutes with thunder lightening and rain. Weather man said once those cells hit the ocean air close to Route 3, they start to come apart so luckily we got only a T-storm.

This morning so beautiful you'd never know such destruction came through last night!
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

Glad to hear you guys are all OK... We had some wind and a tiny bit of rain but some how all the nasty stuff passed just to our north or to the south.

JW
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

My big boy Dan was working in Spfld. when the first one came through. The camera that took the vid of the tornado is attached to the building he was working at. There is a yard built on top of a building and he was doing the landscaping and took off like a shot ! The family that owns the penthouse has a yard on top of a building with a POOL ? Im in the wrong business . Tower square its called. Glad he chose to leave. Glad everyone made it through. FjR68
del_TJ
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by del_TJ »

Glad to hear you guys in western mass are okay. There was a ton of intense lightning out in eastern the parts of the state last night. I just saw this video where lightning runs down the side of the Prudential building in downtown Boston a few times. Go to 0:58 in the video.
lightning.tiff
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-616705?hpt=hp_bn1