Mona Build

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Mona Build

Unread post by Frank »

Joe , I got one of those ! Kurt : That was a perfect come back ! I would laugh but my sternum is still tender. Shes a commin ! FjR68
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

nhdcoye
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by nhdcoye »

looks like popeye without the pipe :-)

When do we get to see ya in the flesh out in the dirt and rocks ?
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

I hope VERY soon Buddie. I got a new Doc about 5-6 weeks ago and he ran more test on me in that time than the surgeon group did in 10 months. Im really starting to feel good now, finally ! A couple weeks will tell but I haven't felt this good in a long while. Its been almost a year and Im soooo ready to get on with my life. Ive lost 62 lbs. since last June and no one could figure it out. Get this , My body doesn't process fat ! The new doc is keeping up with it. I havent been 152 lbs. since high school. Looking forward to wheeling with all you great people again. SOON ! Thought the vid would do for now. I have a bazillion pics of the build also. My boy Stick did most of the welding and hard stuff to help me out. See what I can do in the next couple days. FjR68
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Buy the way , if you click on the pic , its a vid. FjR68
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Frank, you're a fawking nut.

Welcome BACK! LOL!!!!!
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Kurt
BSJ Member

Unread post by Kurt »

Frankie -

Thank for the hint ;) and the tour of the NEW Mona! Excellent video :banana-guitar:

Can't wait to be out on the trails again with you and your new bad azz rig :music-rockout:
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
johnsxj
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by johnsxj »

You fawkin' ROCK Frankie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."
Baseshakers
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

Frankie! Awesome vid bud, good to see (and hear!) Mona. Gonna be ready for rausch?
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
COH143
Jeep Year: 1993

Unread post by COH143 »

Awesome! We need a weekly update. Better than anything I've seen on TV the last month.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Thanks all. She has been apart for a year ! We boxed the bent and twisted frame. Front axle moved forward 2 inches to help with hitting the fenders and the steering linkage is almost perfectly inline so that should help with bump steer. Moved the rear axle to make it 5 inches longer in the rear. When John,Mark,and Evelyn came to visit, John pointed out where the wheel would actually travel and after a long thought process I decided I had cut enough of the body already . So I shortened the stretch from 9 inches with XJ springs to 5 inches with CJ springs. The conversion to fuel injection is in a 42 page booklet and it seamed to me to be a hundred forty two ! Pretty straight forward if you understand the system I used. There is a guy I havnt spoke to in three yrs. that saw the post for help and through PMs got her up and running . I would like to thank Miguel for all the help and dont think your off the hook yet. Thats the best part of this club. Next month doesn't seam to far fetched for the jeep to be ready, me on the other hand , Well Im working on that. See ya soon. FjR68
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Looks like GM TBI injection. I actually have a system set up for a 258 with a homemade adapter.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
johnsxj
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by johnsxj »

Frank,
If you didn't show the inline 6, one would think Mona got a V-8 swap from the rumble out of the tail pipe!
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."
mika401
Jeep Year: 1948
Jeep Model: CJ2A

Unread post by mika401 »

NICE sounds like you got her running pretty smooth!!!
Congrats Frank.
1948 CJ2A Buick V6 SM420 D18 4.27
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Joe : Its a Holley Projection 670 throttle body. An older computer (analog) The newer ones are digital. It is expandable to run a closed loop O2 sensor which I might look into if I have issues. Bought it off E-Bay for 250.00 , thought Id take a chance to get to the space age. I still get no power to the fast idle solenoid but it work if you put 12 vlts on it. That would help the cold start but adjusting the computer was pretty simple using a Vac gauge and your nose. Last two would be the midrange and power diodes and that will be under driving. Still got to get a drive shaft for the rear. Mine must have gotten wet over winter and shrank ! Cant wait to see where she wont stall . FjR68