Truckandwinch.com

Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Truckandwinch.com

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Bought a Recon winch (through Amazon) that shipped from TruckAndWinch.com. The winch arrived DOA and I'm not impressed with their warranty support. I spoke to a rep yesterday and their solution was to send me a new motor. The way it stands right now, I asked for an RA number to return it. Hoping I don't get grief from them, we'll see
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Re: Truckandwinch.com

Unread post by DOUG »

Carl McFly wrote:Bought a Recon winch (through Amazon) that shipped from TruckAndWinch.com. The winch arrived DOA and I'm not impressed with their warranty support. I spoke to a rep yesterday and their solution was to send me a new motor. The way it stands right now, I asked for an RA number to return it. Hoping I don't get grief from them, we'll see
Good luck Carl, keep us posted as to how you make out.

Should have bought a Warn from Dom...just saying.)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

There's a thread on JeepForum about Recon winch's.
Most people were satisfied with it, but there were a few that had problems out of the box or shortly after using them.

Carl - I hope they let you return it without any grief.
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
dizilbdog
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by dizilbdog »

That sucks hope you get your money or a new winch.
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

If it was sold through Amazon's site you can contact Amazon and file a complaint -- they have pretty strong consumer protection policies.

JW
beaker
BSJ Member

Unread post by beaker »

Carl -

What symptoms does it have? Hearing solenoids click? Any sort of movement? Did you do any multimeter tests?

FWIW, its a rebadged T-max. If you're stuck looking for non-warranty parts later in life (if you still have the winch), I wouldn't hesitate calling T-max for parts, they've been good to me so far.

-mike
Carl McFly
BSJ Member

Mike - solenoids click, no movement. Verified 12V to motor, both directions

Jon - you're right about Amazon, or at least that's what I heard. But they want you to work with the vendor first, which is understandable. So we'll see how it goes
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

Carl McFly wrote:Mike - solenoids click, no movement. Verified 12V to motor, both directions

Jon - you're right about Amazon, or at least that's what I heard. But they want you to work with the vendor first, which is understandable. So we'll see how it goes
Yeah, that is a PITA, but I suppose it shouldn't be unexpected. You can check w/ your credit card company too -- they usually have some consumer protection stuff in place as well.

BTW - did you use a multi-meter to measure the motor resistance and/or that 12v makes it to the actual motor terminals? You should be able to see if there is an open and see that 12v is being applied. Maybe they cross-wired it and 12v is going to both inputs to the motor or something....

JW
Carl McFly
BSJ Member

Well, after a phone call and some emails.......

it's going back. I was willing to work with them but their customer service, in my case, sucked

Bottom line: Winch arrived DOA. A phone call to the company was answered by a real person. (Positive sign!) This real person never offered to refund or send me a new winch, only a replacement motor. Shipped UPS Ground. From Cali. When I requested an expedited shipment, he said yeah. If I pay for it! (in retrospect, I should have demanded a refund right then)

But I agree to a new motor. They email me a UPS tracking number, within an hour of the phone call. (Another positive sign) This is late Friday. Check the UPS tracking number late last night (Monday), and it never shipped (!). OR, UPS scrooed up. Hey - it happens. I've tracked shipments that had no update, and then I find it waiting on my porch

So I emailed them and said: "If the motor didn't ship Friday like you promised, keep it. Send me a UPS return label and RA number, this winch is going back"

Tonight I check the UPS site, the shipment was cancelled. They didn't email or call me, but a UPS return label better be in my hands soon. Next up is an email to Amazon, just in case

So what's the verdict? My experience sucked. I was willing to work with them, and they completely dropped the ball. Your mileage may vary
johnsxj
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1988
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by johnsxj »

Right off their web site.........

Our Business Philosophy

Truckandwinch's core belief is to always do what is in the best interest of the customer. Our only goal is to be known as providing the absolute best service and quality products to the consumer. We monitor customer feedback on a daily basis and inform our entire team of the results. Our Online Team consists of experienced retailers, wholesalers, buyers and developers that focus on bringing the online retail experience to a new level.
Our Commitment

We are committed to making our customers ? ?customers for life!? We will grow with you and provide you with the best quality products at the lowest possible prices.
You can't bolt on experience!!!!!!
Function over form=4x4

"The opinions expressed in this program do not reflect the views of this network."
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Someone is tellin a fib ! FjR68
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

Carl -- If the statement John C quoted is on their website then I'd call back and ask to speak with the supervisor, or someone higher up the food chain and try explaining the situation and how unhappy you are.

JW
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

So whats the scoop poop ? They say any more ???? FjR68
Carl McFly
BSJ Member

Well I guess we can close the book on this, a brandy new winch arrived today

Was their support perfect? No.

Would I deal with them again? Yes.

Bottom line: they didn't turn their back on me, always picked up the phone when I called, and answered emails when I sent them. They stood up, admitted mistakes, and made it right. That's all I can ask for